Chapter 22-Go against who?

chapter 22

|Rose's P.O.V|

I sigh, barely able to walk myself back to my dorm after a long day at the hospital for my first day of work experience. 

I'm starting to think that I should just quit school, get married to a rich man, have kids and be a house wife for the rest of my life because damn, I don't know why anyone would ever want to work!

And to know that we have to work to earn money so we can live, but we have to use that money to feed ourselves, clothe ourselves, have shelter and a roof over our heads and then we run out of money, So we work yet again to re-earn all that money again just to live another day. 

Life is just a constant cycle of work and work just for the sake of money. We end up running out of time, out of energy and out of age. 

Life would be so much easier if we were all millionaires. 

Plopping myself on my bed, I check my phone for messages or anything since I hadn't had time to do so. I chuckle as I see Malcolm posing in a police uniform and suddenly, I felt like seeing him. 

|Malcolm's P.O.V|

Kyle? No, no, NO!

It can't be him. My breath comes out in short forced gasps as my lungs felt like someone was slowly suffocating me.

Is that why he reacted the way he did when I put a knife against his neck due to thinking he was the intruder?

After being bombarded with questions about where I've been living and everything about my life, I got to go back to my dorm. Though I noticed, before I left, that the whole station was suddenly more interested in this case since they've found out about me.

Back at the boarding school, I storm my way towards my dorm, shove my card in harshly to open the door and slam the door open where a shirtless Kyle was currently working on homework. I close the door quote harshly, taking a deep breath in. Ignoring the fact that he had his god like body on display for me, I grab him by the shoulders and shove him against the wall. 

"I know what your parents did. They killed my older brother before I was even born!" I growl angrily, feeling my blood boiling. 

His eyes widen and starts to choke. I think he's choking on his chewing gum because he smells like mint.

"H-how- who told you?" He questions after I awkwardly give him my bottle of water. 

"I'm working at the police station for work experience." I snap harshly, crossing my arms and glaring at him.

"Malcolm....Just listen to what I have to sa-"

"NO! YOU'RE PARENTS CAUSED ALL THIS! Why should I trust you." 

"Because you're better than that and you know that there are two sides to a story." He says softly, walking closer to me. By now, my heart was beating faster and harder than what is considered normal.

He's so close....He smells so nice....

He sighs as he runs a hand through his hair. He would've been doing that to me if he wasn't straight. Upon being reminded that he is in fact straight, my anger rises back up again. 

"You have two minutes Kyle, otherwise, you leave here before I spill everything to the entire boarding school." I threaten, though I would never do something like that to him. 

"Okay, okay." He's now standing fifteen centimetres away. "It was an accident, my parents would never think of doing something like that. My m-mum was five months pregnant with a child before I was born. They were in a hurry because my felt like there was something wrong and it turned out that she had a miscarriage." He explains, looking down. "So either way, your parents aren't the only ones who lost a child during that car accident."

"And then three years ago....I....I- everything was going so well....we had my cousins and grandparents come over for dinner to celebrate my mum being pregnant after trying for so long. And-"

He couldn't continue. Tears were streaming down his eyes as he had his hands balled up into fists. His jaw clenched as he raised his head and stared me hard in the eye. 

"I was finally going to have a fu*king brother or sister and just when we were about to have fu*king dessert, your fu*king parents come smash through the living room window, murdering everyone I loved right before my fu*king eyes!" He yells smashing his fist against the wall near my head.

To say I was terrified, is definitely an understatement. He looked livid and it didn't help that he was shirtless. 

"I was a hated nerd who was constantly bullied and ignored! I only had my family and because of your psychotic parents, THEY'RE ALL GONE! I don't even know where my cousin is!" He breathes heavily and just when I thought he was about to punch me, a panicked voice was calling from the other side of the door with harsh knocking.

"OPEN UP KYLE! NOW!" 

Kyle glares at me for a few seconds before he walks over to the door and opens it. "What do you want Rose?" He snaps, causing her to flinch. 

"I want you both to stop before one of you ends up in the hospital!" 

"Oh I don't have to worry about the hospital, Chi chi. He's going to go and call his mummy and daddy and tell them that the person they're looking for to murder, is right here!"

My eyes widen as I try to say something but I only end up shaking my head no. I slide to the floor, putting my head on my hands. 

This is all too much...

Do I go against my parents? The people who have cold heartedly murdered a family.

Or against my friends? The ones who have always been there for me.

_______________________

I know its short, but I really havnt had much motivation on this story

So please dont forget to vote or comment 

And point out any mistakes you see