Chapter 13-Not who I am

~~Roses POV~~

Someone continues to try and open the door whilst I tried my hardest to stop screaming. The sound of someone inserting their dorm card in beeps and the door opens. Malcolm stands in front of me protectively and I continue to yell and scream pathetically. But hey, you can't blame me, how would you react in a situation like this?

I hear the door slam closed and Malcolm jumps onto the person, a pocket knife on hand and on the intruders throat.

I gasp. Where on earth did he get that knife from?

"Kyle?" I hear Malcolm question just as I was about to sob uncontrollably, not wanting to witness a murder.

"I-I DIDN'T KILL HIM, IT W-WASN'T ME! IT WAS AN ACCIDENT THAT HAPPENED BEFORE I WAS BORN. please don't kill me....They got their revenge already..." Kyle panics and my eyes open wide to this.

What is he going on about?

"I'm so sorry Kyle! I thought you were the intruder!" Malcolm apologises as he helps Kyle up. I continue to stare at Kyle suspiciously, the rapid beating of my heart not a bother anymore.

And as if he realised something, he suddenly wobbled on his feet. "Oh my head!" He slurs and he laughs like he's high on drugs. "I just pole danced on the door out there in France!" He continues and Malcolm's looks at him with concern.

"Are you alright? Here you should get some rest." Malcolm says as he carefully leads Kyle to his bed.

Hmmmmm. There's definitely something weird going on...

Malcolm looks at me and I shrug. My gaze then lands on the pocket knife in his hand. Malcolm noticing, he clears his throat and puts the knife under his pillow.

"I Uhm....just in case....it was a present from my parents." He says nervously laughing whilst scratching his head.

"Okay..." I reply back still terrified.

"The lock down is now over. Please depart to your own dorms if you haven't done so. Thank you." An announcement was made on the speaker. I sigh, too scared to even walk back to my own dorm.

"Hey, do you want me to walk you to your dor-" Malcolm starts but was cut off when his phone started ringing. With a sheepish smile, Malcolm excuses himself to answer the call outside. Once Malcolm was out, I rush over to Kyle and glare at him. "What was all that nonsense about Kyle? Are you hiding something?"

"Ros-"

"Don't even pretend that you're high or something. You might of fooled Mal, but not me." I say sternly.

He sighs and gets up to a sitting position. I sit beside him and watch as he sighs again and runs his hands through his hair. "I'm not meant to tell you this or anyone so please promise me you won't tell anyone. Because what I am about to tell you, will put me into risk of possible death." He explains and I gasp.

"Don't mess with my head Kyle, are you saying the truth right now?"

"I wouldn't joke about my own death, Rose." He says seriously and that made my heart thump wildly.

"Kyle...does someone want you dead?" I was honestly afraid of the answer but then what if it was something else. "Oh my gosh...you killed someone!?" I immediately stand up, almost as if sitting next to him burnt me.

"Rose, of course not!" He says, grabbing onto my wrist and pulling me back down next to him.

"Okay, then what?"

~~Kyle's P.O.V~~

I sigh once again and rub my face. I don't even know how to tell her this. Will she pity me? Will she tell Malcolm? The questions swirling in my mind were endless and I contemplated for a second to jump out the window and just run away.

I felt her warm hand take my own and she held it with a firm yet assuring grip. "Its okay Kyle, just take a deep breath in." She says softly, a piece of her brown hair hanging on the side of her head. I tuck that piece of hair behind her ears, staring deeply into her brown eyes.

"You have to first answer my question." I say, desperately wanting to know the answer.

She replies hesitantly. "Uhm, okay.."

"Why do you hate me?"

"I don't hate you Kyle, its just the type of person you are, is the problem. I promised myself to not fall for bad boys, not after what happened three years ago. I've learned my lesson and i'm not going to repeat the same stupid mistake again." She finishes, staring up at me. "Why are you smiling?" She questions confused.

"Because I'm not really who I say I am." I reply, still smiling softly. "I was put into the witness protection program by the police after witnessing...." I choke back on a sob, refusing to be weak in front of her. Her small hand rubs my back gently in a soothing way. I take a deep breath and continue. "After witnessing my whole family being murdered during a family dinner gathering. My cousin and I managed to escape so now the two murderers are after my cousin and I. So whilst they are on the loose, the police are trying to catch them and in the meantime, I was given a new name, identity, history, everything." I explain, all whilst she listened, not interrupting once.

"My real name is William Jones and believe it or not but i'm actually a dork. Or well that's what I was called back in my old school. I was a hated nobody because I could fix cars and motorbikes or basically any mechanical device. I could answer any equation you want in a matter of seconds. I remember being bullied quite severely when for science, I invented my own version of a microwave. Instead of heating items, you could put a cup of coke and it would freeze it and turn it to slushy or Slurpee. You could even put a bottle of water in there that has gone all warm and it would cool it for you."

"That's so cool!" Rose suddenly exclaimed, making me chuckle lightly.

~~Rose's P.O.V~~

Who would of thought...That this so called bad boy, is actually the dorkiest nerd in the history of dorks. He invented something at such a young age for crying out loud! That's pretty impressive and that's coming from someone who's hard to impress!

Although, being given a new identity didn't seem like something many would want. Especially when you're forced into it. "Do the police know who the two killers are?" I question.

"Yeah..." He says going pale. "I thought Malcolm was going to kill me...His parents are the murderers who killed my family." He says, putting his head in his hands.

______________

Hey another update

DID YOU EXPECT THAT!!??

I edited quickly through this, so if you see any mistakes, please point them out. I know how annoying it is to read and there is this silly mistake that just makes my eyes twitch in irritation. Especially when you're is spelt as your.

THERES A DIFFERENCE! although I make that mistake sometimes.....but I do know the difference where as some don't.

I don't know why I'm rambling about that, maybe because I was reading a reaaaly good book but the grammar and punctuation and spelling was horrible and it really upset me cos I couldn't continue reading and it was so depressing you know!

Anyways, vote comment, tell me your thoughts.