Chapter 5-Same old trap

Chapter 5

"I'm not! Can you both stop assuming things! Laura fainted and I happen to fall on top of her just as this idiot walked in! Case closed." With a final huff, I stomp out of the office.

I go back to my dorm to collect my books so I can get to the next lesson. After getting everything I needed, I was looking over my schedule whilst walking and accidentally bump my shoulder onto someone. My books drop with a loud thud and I look up to apologise only to stop and freeze.

"Malcolm? You okay there?" I question as I wave a hand in front of his face but he remains still, not blinking. "Hello....Malcolm..." I put a hand on his shoulder and shake it softly. Still not getting a response, I begin to panic.

"M-Malcolm...? MALCOLM! Respond to me!" I plead still shaking him by the shoulders.

"It's not...fair..." He whispers inaudibly after a few seconds which confuses me.

"What's not fair?"

"They act like they don't want me...." He continues still staring straight ahead.

I sigh, linking my arm through his and drag him to the living room area where students in the west wing hang out. I sat him down and grab him a bottle of water. "Malcolm, talk to me and be more specific so i can understand what you're saying." I say in a stern voice.

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair, making me unconsciously bite my lip.

If only he knew what he does to me.

"I haven't seen my parents for six years now and they always use the excuse 'we're doing it to protect you'. But now that I think about it, maybe they don't want me. Why else would they just dump me in this boarding school and not once visit me or allow me to visit them." He says softly, looking like he's deep in thought.

"You can't be so sure that they don't want you. Have they actually said it?"

"They don't have to say it! You don't just ignore your only child for six years!" He stands up yelling, breathing deeply. I stand up to try and calm him down but he shrugs my hands off his shoulder, teeth still clenched. I felt hurt by the action but tried not to show it.

Malcolm still stood there shaking from rage and was about to burst any second when someone put their hand on his shoulder. He turned his head to the side a bit but as soon as he saw Kyle, he visibly calmed down and that's when the questions began exploding in my head.

I've known him for four years and he just shrugged my hands off quite rudely, but he didn't do that to Kyle. What am I doing wrong?

I watched as Malcolm turned around and smiled at Kyle as hey both did he whole guy hug/pat on the back and began to talk and walk to class.

 I watched as Malcolm laughed at something Kyle said.

I watched as he spoke with confidence and ease almost as if he didn't have his little outburst and anger on his parents not so long ago.

I felt betrayed.

I felt hurt.

I felt ignored.

You don't just leave behind the person who stood beside you at your worst moment. The one who tried to help. But then again, it's my fault for getting myself so attached. I never seem to learn that all boys do, is hurt you. Whether they hurt you intentionally or not, it's still painful.

And I'm stupid for falling into the same old trap yet once again.

Later that day, I skipped the rest of my classes and laid in bed, snuggled in my blankets as the beads of rain create a soft beat against the window in a soothing way. I sigh and close my eyes, enjoying the warmth of the blankets.

What did I do wrong? The way Malcolm just shrugged me off like our friendship meant nothing to him is almost as painful as a heartbreak.

It's a feeling of rejection. Especially when he acted fine after Kyle came. I knew there was something off about Kyle. He probably does black magic or voodoo or some sort of crazy shit like that.

I heard the door open and close and assumed Laura was back. Not wanting to talk to her, i close my eyes and pretend to sleep. Five minutes later, there was total silence and i was starting to get suspicious.

Did she leave? Why didn't i hear her leave?

I dared to open one eye and before i could scream, a hand was placed on my mouth. "Shhh, don't scream." His deep voice whispers.

I glare at Kyle and bite his hand. He hisses in pain and glares back.

"What do you want, idiot?" I snap at him, hating his guts more each passing second.

"To check if you were okay..." He says nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

I snort and roll my eyes. "Who did you kill?" i question, knowing that Kyle would never in a million years check to see if i was okay. "Because, i'm not helping you bury the body. Go ask Malcolm."

Kyle soon bursts into a fit of laughter as tears stream down his cheek. This only got me angrier. I sat up so i was eye level with him and poke his rock hard chest. "Look, if i wanted someone to sit there and laugh at me all day, then i would of asked so. So get the hell out of my face before i chop off-"

My ranting was cut short when he placed his warm lips on mine, causing me to freeze in my spot with my eyes wide open.

No, this is wrong....

He puts his warm hand on my cheek and gently caresses it whilst still kissing me, nearly making me moan.

Stop it Rose...Push him back..

Whilst my conscious thoughts were warning me of one thing, my body did not seem to comply.  I was still in shock. Though i wasn't kissing him back, this was still wrong.

"ROSE!?"

______________

Dun dun duuuun

Anyone even reading this crap??