Chapter 10-Not perfect yet

Please tell me if you see any mistakes.

Chapter 10

~~ Kyle's POV ~~

That's not possible.

My mind races with a million unanswered questions as I begin to feel light headed.

I refuse to believe he's part of it.

I drop the photo and back away slowly, almost like it burnt my hand. My hands were shaking and my breathing came out in loud quick pants. I struggled to swallow the saliva forming in my mouth as my eyes scan the room in a nervous yet panicked way, expecting someone to come out and lunge a knife into me.

I moved halfway across  the world to get away from them, and they're here? I knew I had to inform the police, but I was just beginning to like my new life. For once I fit in, for once I was actually noticed by the girls, for once I actually had friends and people who came up to me to have a conversation. For once, I actually laughed and smiled and even enjoyed life. I don't even remember when the last time I felt like that was.

My old life was nothing compared to my life now. No one would even look at me or even acknowledge my existence. I was simply a hated nobody. It didn't really bother me because I had my family.

And now, I have nothing.

But then, what if Malcolm doesn't know about it? He had the chance to kill me many times before whilst I am asleep and yet he hasn't. I felt myself visibly calm down as I thought about that.

There's no way he knows.

~~Roses POV~~

"Okay after you're done setting up that golden curtain near the entrance, make sure the lights work so that it gives a nice soft edge to it. I don't want something too bright or too dim. That way when people come in, they can take a decent looking photo, unlike last year." I scoff at the end of my sentence.

Laura and I were currently decorating the gym after ordering all the equipment using the money we raised for prom. We got helpers to set it all up whilst we commanded people and let me tell you, I feel like a boss right now!

"No no no! You got it all wrong!" I heard Laura's frustrated tone and made my way over.
"You need to space out the tables equally and not have them so close!"

I laugh as I watch Laura glare at one of the students who were helping. "Just leave and let the women do it." She sighs and looks over at me for help.

Everything was set in place, the speakers were tested and the lights, the floors were inspected for any unwanted rubbish, I quickly scan over making sure everything is perfect.

"Doesn't it look great! I can't wait to be here with my dress and Kyle and dance and eat and just enjoy the night." Laura sighs dreamily whilst I roll my eyes. "Oh who do you think will win prom king and queen!?" 

Just hen the principal walks in, scanning the newly decorated gym with an impressed look on his face whilst our young P.E teacher walks in after him with a horrified look.

"MY GYM! It's ruined! Destroyed!" Mr foster exclaims and I could've sworn there were tears in his eyes.

"Cheer up coach! I'm sure Miss Ray will love to dance here with you." Laura laughs just as he goes red a little bit. "Ten laps for you first thing back in our next lesson." He says glaring at Laura.

I think it's pretty obvious that our health teacher, Miss Ray and P.E teacher are secretly crushing on each other. I mean, they actually make quite a cute couple. They are both pretty young, being only in their mid twenties.

Laura left to meet up with Kyle whilst I stayed and made sure the cafeteria ladies knew what they were cooking for tomorrow's event.

"Rose honey, everything's good to go, don't overwork yourself like this." My father the principal says as he takes the clipboard I was holding that had all the information and details about prom.

"But I have to make sure it's perfect!" I whine childishly.

"It is, so stop worrying. I'll be bringing your mum tomorrow." He says and my face lit up to that. I haven't seen her in months, but of course I Skype her. She's been working hard to try and get her PhD so she can become a nurse at our boarding school, and she's nearly done.

"Alright, off to bed pumpkin. You have a big day tomorrow." My dad says whilst kissing my forehead.

"But I have to check to see if the crowns for the prom king and queen are polished!"

He gave me a stern look. "Rose, Go now. Ah Malcolm, come take rose back to her dorm please."

"Wait no! I demand my voice heard!" I yell as Malcolm drags me away.

I haven't even checked for the emergency fire extinguishers and exits!

_______________

Just a short filler chapter, sorry if it was boring. Tell me if u spot any mistakes

Buuuuuut tell me your thoughts on what you think about Kyle.

Just who is kyle? Whats his secret? WHAT IS THE BIG MYSTERY!!!

Although i have dropped a few hints here and there, dont know if anyone picked up on them.