Chapter 16-My Aphrodite

Sorry for the delay, I wasn't feeling motivated.

Inform me of any mistakes.

♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫♫

~~Roses's P.O.V~~

Its times like this where I wish people would stop playing with my emotions. How their words are powerful enough to intoxicate your mind and make you feel things you don't want to.

Its times like this where I wish someone would look me in the eyes and tell me that my smiles, my laughs, my words, is all in fact, just an act. An act to stop the questions from being fired at me.

Its times like this where I wish someone would understand that I'm a human and I also have feelings. Feelings that are sensitive and easily damaged.

But then, this life we all live in, is like a wild game. You either win, or lose.

And at times, doing the right thing, following the rules, isn't always going to make you win.

Sometimes, you have to break the rules, to win.

Some may call it cheating. But others, call it survival.

No one is an angel in this life. We've all done bad things to which we may or may not regret doing but what matters the most, are the consequences. Was it all worth it?

And to know that Kyle is messing around with my emotions whilst he sucks face with my best friend, is like suffering through a narrow maze full of long, sharp thorns.

One little wrong move, and the thorn cuts you deep. You're wounded.

And even though the cut will heal, the pain and damage will remain. Almost like an invisible permanent scar.

I begin to wonder why I'm falling for the same old trap again.

Yeah, Kyle isn't who he says and portrays himself to be. A badboy. But he plays his role so well, only those who act and pretend all is well, are able to truly see that there is something different about him.

What scares me most though, is what if Kyle begins to develop and become this badboy character and lose his real identity.

All for what? For the sake of staying alive.

"Rose please open up. I will stand here another thirty minutes if I have to! I even went to pee before coming because I knew this would happen." Lewis' soft voice comes from behind the door, interrupting my thoughts.

I sigh, getting up from my bed and walk over to the door. Opening it up, I was tackled unexpectedly when his arms held me in a tight embrace.

"Uhm...Lewis?" I tap his back.

"Oh sorry, you just seemed so hurt when you stormed off." He says worriedly, scanning my face for signs of anything.

I smile, appreciating his worry. "Lou, I'm fine. I had time to think for myself." I shrug walking back to sit on my bed.