CHAPTER 3

The school week had managed to zip by quicker then I thought it would. Before I knew it, it was the weekend. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY HONEY!" A familiar voice woke me from my joyous dream.

My eyes adjusting to brightly lit room, I reached for my phone to check the time. Seven forty-five in the morning?

"You couldn't have waited until at least ten-thirty to wake me up?" I groaned, tossing the plush blankets back over my head.

"Fine, then I will eat this vanilla frosted lemon cake myself."

"I'm up, I'm up." Rubbing the crust out of my eyes, I slowly rose from my bed.

"Come down, I made breakfast."

"Okay." An insanely weird smile on my face, I tossed on a sports bra and some shorts, picked up my phone, and made my way down the stairs.

The idea of my mom making me her famous breakfast always put a smile on my face. Her famous cheese eggs, pancakes topped with fruit, and maple syrup bacon.

OH BACON!!!

Walking into the kitchen, I hit with the remarkable scent of morning breakfast.

"Mmmmm." I groaned, almost drooling.

Anxious to eat, I pulled a chair from the kitchen island and took a seat across my my mom. I looked down at my phone. Vibrating across the kitchen marble, I picked it up and answered.

"Hello?"

"Heeeeey, what are you doing?" Keira's voice echoed out of the phone.

"About to eat breakfast." I stated as I stared at the plate my mom placed in front of me.

"Well hurry up, I'll be there in an hour to get you."

"What? Where are we going?"

"To the mall, we have to get you an outfit for tonight." She said, sounding more enthusiastic than I did.

"Well okay I guess." I said.

"Why do you not sound excited?" She questioned me.

"Well I'm not a huge fan of shopping."

"Well that's what you have me here for. To shop for you. Now hurry your ass up."

"Okay, okay bye." I said dryly.

"Bye."

I hated shopping for some reason. Most girls my age enjoyed that kind of thing but I really didn't. I was the girl who gets in, grabbed it, and get out. But I had a feeling that with Keira, that wasn't the plan.

"Mom I'm going shopping with Keira." I said. Finishing off my food, I slipped my plate in to the sink.

"Okay, have fun. I have to run to the office anyway." She informed me as she reached for her phone that was ringing.

********

By the time I was out the shower and finished getting dressed, Keira was already outside waiting for me. I said my goodbye to my mother and ran outside to Keira's car.

"Hey?" Getting into the passenger seat, I pulled my seat belt across my chest. She wasn't the safest driver so I believed a seat belt was needed with her.

"Took you long enough slow ass."

"Oh shut up, let's go." I rolled my eyes at her.

The small mall was only a good fifteen minutes away, so it was a fairly short ride.

Once we made it inside, we managed to hit almost every store. We went in to Ralph Lauren, American eagle, forever21, Victoria Secret, Bath and Body Works and a few other feminine stores. We were looking in every establishment, but I still couldn't find anything I felt was cute or comfortable.

"How about this dress?" I asked, holding up a red knee length, ruffled dress.

"Oh hell no." Keira had no problem with expressing her distaste for things.

"What? It's cute."

"Yeah for my mom, put it the hell down...Now this is hot." she said. She was holding up a black, tight mid-thigh dress. It good material. Made to stretch to meet the curves fairly well.

"Ummmm ...No." I said, still shuffling through the rack of dresses.

"What the hell is your problem?"

"What do you mean?" I questioned, even though I knew what she meant.

"You're practically denying every cute dress I hand you."

"I just don't think it would look good on me."

"Are you serious!!!!??" She snapped. "You have great body. You have the hips, the thighs, the slim waist.......and the tits." She said, while cupping my chest lightly.

I couldn't help but laugh at her stupid gesture.

"At least try it on for me. Please." she begged.

"uugghh FINE." I groaned.

I snatched the dress from her and walked in the fitting room. I quickly slipped on the dress.

The dress was breath taking; LITERALLY, I could barely breathe due to it being so damn tight. It was hugging me, practically suffocating me.

I prepared myself for Keira's reaction and stepped out of the dressing room.

"Sooo what do you think?"

"YESSSS!!!... Please get this dress." she begged me.

"I don't know." I said, looking at myself in the different angled mirrors.

"Look, try something different. It's your eighteenth birthday, go all out."

"Okay, okay." Looking at myself, I figured she was right. I was turning eighteen. A moment most of us could not wait for. "I will get it."

"Yayy, but let's get it in white."

"White? What? Why." I questioned her decision on white.

"Pleasssse, I'm so tired of seeing you in dark colors. You're going to stand out tonight." She explained. Poking out her lips, she began to pout. What made it worse were her widened, full sparkly eyes.

"Fine." I mentally cursed her. "Do that dumb ass puppy face work on your boyfriend?"

"Actually it do-"

Before she could even finish her statement, her phone began to ring.

"Hello honey...." She put on her sweet and innocent voice. "Oh relax, I wasn't even gone that long."

I never got a chance to meet her boyfriend but he always seemed to call Keira every time she's out more than a hour. One time he called and sounded angry as hell. Keira always ignored it. It just did not faze her.

"I'll be home soon cry baby. Im leaving as we speak." She said before she hung up her phone and looked at me. "Okay, now let's go find you some sexy shoes for that dress."

"I thought we were leaving. I thought maybe you had to get home to your boyfriend."

"Oh he will be okay. He's just a little over protective. It's in his nature, it's a..... it's a guy thing." she quickly said. "Okay, now let's get them shoes."

We hit a couple of other stores. We picked up some shoes, make-up, and accessories then left the mall and hopped back in to her car to head back home.

"I'll be back to pick you up around eleven tonight, cool?" She confirmed to me.

"Okay, cool."

"And Aniyah, make sure your slow ass is ready this time." She shot me one more menacing look before she sped off.