twenty-four

Dedicated to @lukehemmin for being so dang nice. She's sweeter than candy (no, sweeter) and she's got a heart of gold. That made sense, right?

And hello, you may read on, but I'm warning you that this is not edited. I'm not saying this is going to be horrendous, but I'm just telling you that this will be the old version of the new version. . . .

Evelyn's POV

"Okay, so you got it?" Lenny asked again.

"Yes, would you like me to repeat it?" I rolled my eyes.

"Sure."

"It's quite simple." I chuckled. "I go to Marcel's place and you go to Kate's place. We will act like the other person, me as Kate and you as Marcel, to them."

"Well, if you say it like that it sounds simple." Lenny frowned.

"You said it exactly like that, idiot."

"That's a lie!" Lenny exclaimed. "You wouldn't be able to repeat every single word that I had said."

"You wouldn't be able to repeat every single word that I had said." I repeated, laughing. "You still wanna argue with me?"

"No." He muttered, sighing. "Oh! Can you still repeat the plan?"

I narrowed my eyebrows at him. "How about I send you a text instead?"

"Go ahead." He smirked, taking out his phone.

I grinned to myself as I sent him the text. "There."

"Damn it." He muttered.

"It's just a thing that I can do."

"Wait, do you remember why we're doing this?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

"Yes." I pursed my lips. "We're doing this so that the two will hopefully see the other partner as us and then so on."

"Nope, all of it."

I huffed. "I don't remember."

"What? How could you not?" You could tell he was holding back his laughter.

"I bet you don't even remember what you said."

"Of course I don't." He scoffed. "But, you should! You -"

"Shut it." I snapped, having a hand over his mouth.

His laugh was muffled. Unfortunately, I forgot he had hands too (how stupid of me). I just watched as he tore my hand off his mouth.

"That's better."

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get moving." I took out my phone and cussed under my breath at the time. "It's late! I needed to go to Marcel's house at five. It's four fifty six."

"You still have time." Lenny rolled his eyes.

"You idiot." I murmured. "We're about ten minutes away from his house!"

"Uh oh, you're in trouble."

"That's what I've been telling you." I groaned. "Time is ticking, Lenny. I need an uh. . . "

"A jaguar."

"Lenny, stop with the stupid ideas and try to be a help." I groaned.

"You know, it'd be cool if we could just jump on the cars and then once we arrived at the location, we'd jump off." He grinned.

"That wouldn't work." I pursed my lips. "They could be going somewhere completely different. We could end up in Alaska for all we know."

"We could just find another car." He shrugged. "Besides, it won't hurt anyoneto get there a bit late."

"Yeah, you're right." I glared at him. "But it will be completely different if I arrived very late."

"That's true." He muttered.

I took out my phone and my eyes widened. It was five. I didn't notice him looking over my shoulder and at the time.

"Ooh, you're late." He laughed.

"And so are you."

"I don't visit her today, so ha." He crossed his arms.

"Shut up."

"Send him a text, he'll understand." Lenny suggested.

"Hopefully."

I took out my phone, using my ninja speed (kidding, I was as slow as a turtle) by sending it to him within seconds (more like hours).

To: Marcel

Sorry, I'm gonna be late :(

From: Evelyn

"How did you already get his phone number?" Lenny asked, raising his eyebrows.

"I always get the phone numbers when I first meet them." I rolled my eyes. "Duh."

"Seems like you work faster than me, eh?"

"Of course I do." I smirked at him, soon feeling the phone vibrating in my hands.

To: Evelyn

It's alright. I'm at the store right now and there's                                                                                           this old lady in front of me. I'm gonna be late too.

From: Marcel

I giggled at the text and put it back in my pocket. When I looked up, I saw Lenny wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Never seen a boy make you giggle before."

"That's not true." I narrowed my eyes at him. "You make me laugh."

"Yeah, but I meant human boys."

"He's just funny." I shrugged. "No biggie."

"Yeah, sure." He stopped the eyebrow wiggling. "Just don't let your feelings for him get in the way."

"I don't have any feelings for him."

"You're lying."

"How would you know?" I began walking away. "You couldn't tell when I ate your last muffin!"

"What?!"

"Oops!" I yelled back before running.

I'd be very happy if a taxi just stopped by, but, unfortunately, it didn't. I chose the wrong day to wear damn high heels.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry if it's a bit confusing, I swear, it'll all clear up soon. If it doesn't, then, uh, I'll bring you muffins? Yeah, I'll do that. . .

I hope you're aware that they're not humans (again, it'll be explained soon). Yes, the non-humans are supposed to look like real people. They feel stuff (if they're wearing it), but if a person tries to touch them, the hand just goes through. OKAY, It's getting more confusing ughh, sorry. Let's just say that the things they own= they can feel/ touch it. Things that humans sell = no touchy. Better? Hope so. 

Bye!

-Melissa