four ✔

"Homework. " Mr. Jackson said once he had reached Marcel's desk.

   Marcel's eyes widened, he forgot to do it! He was busy with his project for Science! He groaned and shook his head, deeply disappointed in himself.

   "Um, I forgot it." Marcel mumbled.

  Mr. Jackson's expression went from calm to surprised. Marcel raised an eyebrow, hoping it wouldn't matter that he had forgotten it. Besides, it was his very first time that he had forgotten the homework.

  "Oh, Marcel. This is your first time. Unfortunately, I will have to mark it down." He said and continued collecting homework.

    "C-can't I give it to you tomorrow, along with the homework that we'll get today?" Marcel asked, but Mr. Jackston was already gone.

   "Big deal!" He heard someone shout out of nowhere, making him roll his eyes.

    Oh my gosh, Marcel thought.

   He groaned. It wasn't a huge deal, but for Marcel it was. His father had huge expectations for him.

   This isn't responsible, Marcel! 

   Wow, even his conscience was confronting him about it.

    Marcel entered the cafeteria nervously and furrowed his eyebrows when a boy walked up to Kate, it was Matt, one of the boys that had bullied Marcel before. Marcel's eyes widened when he assumed that Matt would ask Kate out. Marcel had always caught him staring at her. He decided he was going to listen to the conversation, so he went closer so he could hopefully listen without them noticing.

    "Kate?" Matt put his hands in a pockets and gulped.

     Kate turned to him, "Yes?"

    "Will you be my girlfriend?" Matt asked nervously.

    Kate grinned and nodded. What?! Marcel knew how Matt was. He was the type of boy who had a relationship that didn't last longer than four days. Once a girl had developed deep feelings for him, he would go off and ruin every single thing. You could say he was just like Harry. 

   Marcel clenched his fists and grunted.

   After school, Marcel spoke to Kate while they were walking.

   "I heard that Matt and you are dating."

   "Yup. I've had a crush on him for quite a while." Kate lied and smiled a big, wide smile, although Marcel could already tell that the smile was nowhere near real.

  "But, you never told me."

  "Well, I didn't know how you'd react."

   "I'd be happy for you, you know." Marcel lied.

   More like the opposite, Marcel thought.

   "Really?"

   "Yeah." Marcel grinned at her.

   "Good." Kate hugged him, catching Marcel off guard.

   "It's nothing."

   Deep down inside, Kate was sad. Matt was just someone that could take her mind off Marcel. If only he knew.