Chapter 16

*Chapter 16 is out. I hope you guys enjoy it. I am in the middle of exam week but it will be over soon and I expect the next chapter by next weekend. The reason this wasn't out early in the week when i promised is because my editor took too long(blame him.) Anyways hope you enjoy, please vote and comment :)*

Slipping out the front door, a bright light blinded me as I ran into something big. That something big turned out to be the leader of the wolves who caught me. I froze in place with the rising sun still in my eyes, knowing that I was in deep trouble.

“Hurry up and go.” The leader ordered as he gently pushed me out the door. I decided that I wouldn’t question what was going and I didn’t give him a chance to change his mind as I hobbled to the tree line. Limping behind the trees, I followed the dirt road that led away from my prison. When I finally made it to the main road, I collapsed onto the ground in pain from the beating I received last night. 

I just wanted to lay there and rest but I knew that if I did, I would be caught. As I was weakening, for some reason the urge to turn into a wolf was overpowering me. I was against turning into my wolf form in this weakened state since the last time I turned into her while I was exhausted, I had no control and lost my memories. After debating with myself, I decided I would be safer in my wolf form even if my wolf took over. My wolf form would at least have claws and teeth to defend myself and any normal passerby would just think I’m a large dog.

Changing into my wolf relieved some stress and I still had complete control over myself. Satisfied with that fact, I limped my way down the road favoring my left front paw. The only problem was that the main road had no cover to hide in and sadly the sun was just starting to rise, if I was out here for too long it might get a little hot for me.

Not being under the stress of being kidnapped, I finally had a chance to admire my surroundings. I figured that I was still in South Carolina which is where the BrownPaw Pack is located. They didn’t drive too far, just a lot of slow bendy turns because of the mountains. I have only been to the mountains once or twice but I still think that they are huge and I’m always surprised on how they could have made roads here. If I wasn’t fleeing for my life I would have stopped to appreciate the sheer beauty of the mountainous area I was in. The mountains were also especially beautiful at this time of the year when all of the trees leaves are turning red and yellow.

As I was admiring a very pretty leaf on the ground during my second break, the first vehicle passed by. It was about an hour into my trip and I panicked, thinking that the kidnappers had found me. There was nowhere to hide so in the end I played road kill by the side of the road. As the vehicle came closer, I realized that it had a different sound than the one I was taken in. Still playing dead, I watched as a white van passed me, then heard a screech of the breaks and the van came back into view. A man I had never seen appeared out of the driver door. I then realized the side of the van said Animal Control. I light bulb went off in my head

I stood up immediately, emphasizing my hurt left leg and started to whine as I slowly walked towards the man. I made sure I had a slight wag in my tail to make me seen more like a dog than a wolf. The man stayed absolutely still as I approached. As I started to lick his leg, he visibly relaxed and even reached down to rub my ears.

After a little bonding time which included having my tummy rubbed, he led me to the back of his van. He lifted me up into one of the crates and shut the door. There was one other passenger which was a very angry raccoon. It was even less happy to be sharing the cabin with a wolf. It was even more upset that a wolf was in its presence and started hissing at me. I just ignored the damn little pest as I tried to listen to the animal catcher’s phone conversation.

“I picked up a little friend on my way back from the house call about the crazy raccoon.” The animal catcher told the receiver. Well that explains why he was on that deserted road and the raccoon too.