Chapter 17

*Here is the next chapter sorry it took so long. I will try to work faster. Also I posted another story prologue called In Too Deep. It is about a mermaid and will eventually tie in with this story but that is a long way down the road as in the story will come in the second book of Midnight Spirit. So please take a look.*

As I was walking out of the meeting, Alpha handed me a duffel bag. Before I could ask what was in it, Alpha started a conversation with Dalton. Returning to my room, I placed the bag onto my bed. I was hesitant to open it so I just stared at it for a few seconds. Anything Alpha gives me means trouble for me and laughter for him. I decided that I might as well get it over with and open the damn bag when something suddenly flew at me. Putting my hands up to protect myself, I realized what it was.

“Kasey!” I growled angry. “Where the hell have you been!?” I felt my eyes turn purple as my anger grew. I couldn’t believe he abandoned me in my time of need. I really wanted to beat him up at the moment.

“Holy moly! What the hell happened to you!” Kasey exclaimed as he took in my injuries.

“You better tell me where you have been or else you will end up a lot worse than I am currently.” I threatened.

“Hold on! Before you hurt me, I have a good reason for being gone! I was following the guy that beat up Kaden’s pack member!” Kasey defended himself, noticing that I was more than angry at him. “Please let me explain before you get angry!!!!!! I was looking around town for any leftover ghosts to ask questions when I saw Kaden rushing towards someone’s house. I decided to go take a look and I found a beat up werewolf on the ground then I saw someone running out the door.” Kasey explained as quickly as he could. “He wasn’t a pack member from the way he was acting so I followed him and found out he was a mage.”

“Wait, a mage attacked Kaden’s pack member?” I asked curiously then played music so that we won’t be overheard. Kasey realizing my anger being subdue, he continued on.

“Yes, he was a mage. I thought maybe, the person who trapped all of the ghosts was someone like you or a mage. So I figured that this guy was our culprit so I followed him.” Kasey told me with a normal pace.

“Where did he go?”

“He drove for the rest of the day to Tallahassee, Florida and stopped there for the night. The next morning he picked up a package and before you ask me what the package is, I have no idea because he didn’t open. Afterwards he drove to Tampa, Florida. Well not exactly Tampa, a little north of Tampa.”Kasey nervously rambled.

“What does he want in Florida?” I interrupted.

“Man, you are impatient. I was getting there, so let me finish my story.” Kasey complained and then continued. “Anyways, as I was saying, he went to a place a little north of Tampa called Land O’ Lakes. There isn’t much there, mostly woods and some highways and neighborhoods but right now it is kind of the sticks for Tampa. So the mage went to this gated neighborhood that was off a dirt road and far from any form of civilization. The house he went into was his home. At first I was disappointed because I thought it was a useless trip. I decided to look at the other houses before I left just in case though and that was when I realized that the people who lived in the neighborhood were not human. The neighborhood was filled with werewolves and mages.”

“But there isn’t any werewolf packs in Florida, it’s too hot there.” I said confused.

“I know and we have a list of all the packs are so that they won’t be any conflicting pack wars about territories. So I dug deeper and realized that it must be all of the rogue werewolves forming a pack and I think that the mages have teamed up with them!” Kasey explained excitedly knowing that he did a good job gathering this information.