Chapter 4

Back at my place, I showed them my outfit. Alpha just busted out laughing, very un-alpha-like and my brother’s face just paled at the outfit. My cheeks were a burning, bright red because of their reactions. I just wanted to go hide under the covers of my bed and not come out.

“You were wearing an outfit like that.” Bryce looked absolutely sick about the thought.

“Of course she did, it would distract any male. I applaud your pick.” Alpha was once again acting like how he used to when we were little. He only shows this side when it is us three. Any other time, he hides it real well and acts like a stern alpha. “Now this will be fun.”

“Couldn’t we change her character a bit. Not have her wear such revealing clothes?” Bryce begged. Once again, Alpha just gave him that mischievous smile as he placed my outfit in a backpack.

“Nope. Remember on this trip, you can’t act like a doting brother to her. Kaden thinks she is just a mischievous youth that you have to keep an eye on. Understand?” Bryce just nodded, not looking at Alpha in the eye. “Now, Christina, pack your necessities, no clothes. We are going to the nearest town to buy you some clothes.”

Sighing, I went to pack my toothbrush, hairbrush, and other necessities into a black duffel bag. I also packed extra crosses; I didn’t want to take a chance with losing the one I have and meet other vampire ghouls.  Did I mention that I was so not excited for this trip?

As I was packing Kasey came in to bug me. “So I bet you are super excited about this trip.I personally am. Well I’m not excited about meeting any more of those ghastly vampire ghouls but I am excited to see you tortured. I also get to see you in those sexy outfits. Ohhhh, I can’t wait.” Kasey continued to ramble on but I just blocked his voice from my mind. I already had to deal with other embarrassing things, no need to listen to anymore.

The nearest town with a mall was about an hour from our home. The car ride was spent with listening to music and Alpha telling me I wasn’t allowed to reveal my identity. I don’t see the point of keeping my identity a secret. But then Alpha explained that if people found out what my friend could do, I was probably going to be hunted down. Not to be killed but more to be used. People will believe that if we can take a curse off then we should be able to place the same curse on someone else. Not something I would like to try so I agreed with Alpha about keeping my identity a secret.

Alpha dragged me straight to the hair salon once we reached the mall. Saying I couldn’t wear a wig since it would fall off too easily, especially if someone grabs my head.

“Hello, how may I help you today?” The lady in charge of the front desk asked.

“We would like to dye this young one’s hair.” Alpha told the lady.

“Okay, you are lucky you came on a weekday during the work hour. We usually can’t do dye unless you make an appoint; it takes a while.” The lady explained then walked off to talk to one of the female stylist who nodded her head. “Just wait about ten minutes and she will take you.”

Alpha sat me down and picked up a hair magazine. Together we flipped through the pages that were designated for long hair. We had just decided on layers when the lady called us back.

“Hello, I’m Karen.” The lady smiled at me as she put the cloth around me.

“I’m Christina.” I simply replied.

“So what is the plan for you today?” She asked.

“Well we want her hair to look like this.” Alpha told Karen as he pointed to the picture in the magazine. “But we want her hair mostly black with some purple in it. If possible, I want the front pieces of her hair to be purple with black tips.”