Chapter 1

My name is Christina LaRosa. I am a werewolf. Not just any werewolf, I am the high and mighty Omega of the pack. I bet you thought I was going to say Alpha right? Nope. For all of those of you who don’t know your Greek alphabet, omega is last. I am the weakest of the weak in my pack. I can hold my own against a human but another werewolf could beat me to a pulp without even trying. I am not saying I am an outcast, I get along with everyone.  No one actually beats me to a pulp and most protect me because of their over protectiveness that is wired into their brains. They see me as someone that needs to be cherished and protected. After I learned ghosts “aren’t” real, I fit in quite well. I am in my last year of high school and then I shall be trained for a year for my job with the pack.  

When I woke up this morning, I knew today was going to be a supernatural day even for a supernatural being like me. Kasey woke me up this morning by tapping his ghostly hand through me. I didn’t like to be passed through and Kasey knew this. He usually only did it when he was going to tell me something important. And it had to be important because he knew I loved to sleep and waking me up before my alarm was a serious offense to me.

“Christy, wake up.” Kasey whispered in my ear. “Christy it is important, someone is being haunted by a malicious ghost.” I moaned, mumbled some curses, and swatted the air. “Come on, Christy! This is important!” I obliged to his request and got up.

“What do you want?” I spat out. My alarm read 4:30, that made me upset. What is so urgent that Kasey had to wake me up at 4:30, a good two and a half hours before I had to wake up for school.

“This guy came into town last night. Actually a werewolf guy and he didn’t look very good. He had bags under his eyes as if he hadn’t slept for days. His temper is on high. He barks at everyone that upsets him. Hahaha, did you get how I said barked instead of yelled. Oh I crack myself up.” I just glared at Kasey and he immediately stopped laughing and continued the story. “Well I noticed that a ghost had attached itself to him. It was a female ghost and it seemed to enjoy the fact that she is slowly killing him.” Slowly, being he will die at the age of 40 and not tomorrow. “She has enough energy to cause him physical harm. He has some scratches that come from her long nails. I swear they had to be at least three inches.”

“What does this have to do with me?” I asked annoyed. I don’t go around saving people from ghosts. The people I save from ghosts when they die, turn into ghost and do the same thing. My messing around doesn’t really matter in the long run. When I die, the cycle continues. Human haunted by ghost, human dies and turns into ghost, the new ghost goes haunts humans. I don’t interfere with cycle usually, it’s just a hassle.

“Well, the guy is meeting with the alpha and your brother about some issues in his pack and with rogues. I figured you didn’t want this guy to try to rip your brother’s throat out because a ghost is causing him to have a worse temper.” Kasey stated plainly. I forgot to mention something about Kasey. He wasn’t part of the supernatural when he died, he was completely human. His one lingering regret about dying at an early age of twenty two in a car accident was that he never found evidence of the supernatural. Strange that a twenty two year old would have that regret. So when he died he used his new ghostly status to search for our kind. He found me because to a ghost I am like a shinning beacon. He was so happy to find out about werewolves and learn about us that he agreed to become my personal ghost guardian. I give him energy, he keeps the other ghosts away.

“Since you are coming to me, that means either you need more energy or you can’t actually handle this one yourself?” I asked, tired that I had to deal with ghosts at this hour in the morning.

“I can’t handle it myself.” He said matter-of-factly. “But I wouldn’t mind an extra energy boost.” I moaned, I didn’t want to have to deal with this, this early in the morning. “It would be best to deal with this as soon as possible. We could catch both of them sleeping.” Kasey knew that sneaking up on a sleeping werewolf was near impossible and ghost don’t actually sleep. But he was right, the sooner I get rid of this ghost, the easier it will be.

“Fine, fine.  Let me get dress then we can go. Is he staying at the alpha’s house or the Howling Cape?” The Howling Cape was a little inn that one of the wolves ran. We got some tourists because of our cozy little spot on the coast of North Carolina. Then we have other visitors because of pack business.

“Howling Cape.” Kasey replied, and then left the room so I could get ready. He knew if I caught him peeking, he would be in misery for a few days. I changed into a purple skirt with ruffles, with knee high black boots. My top was also purple and showed my midriff.  Showing off my body sometimes help me get away with certain things. It was also a great distraction. I also wore black gloves that went past my elbow, didn’t want any fingerprints anywhere. I also wore my amethyst necklace that hid my bright shining aura.  I rarely had it off. I had my charm bracelet stored with my energy to distract ghosts as I make my get away and wore my black wig with purple streaks. It did well to hide my brown hair that some people call dirty blonde. My brown hair goes a little past my shoulder while my wig went down to my waist. I finally put on sunglasses to hide my eyes, just in case my wolf comes forward and my eyes change color. Most werewolves don’t have purple eyes and seeing mine will reveal my identity.

“Okay, I am decent, let’s go.” I told Kasey as I climbed out my window. I jumped down from the second story not chancing the walk through the house, I didn’t want to wake up my parents. I hopped into my dark purple Camaro and headed to the inn. If you didn’t notice I like the color purple.

I parked about two blocks away from the inn. My car could be just as revealing as my eyes. Kasey and I walked the rest of the way. To be more correct, I walked the rest of the way, he just floated along.

“He is on the first floor.” Kasey indicated to which window. At least I didn’t have to climb the building. “I will unlock the window for you.” With that he floated through the window and unlocked it. I opened it and saw the women turn immediately towards me and hissed. Oh great, it just had to be my luck to find a vampire ghost. I flicked Kasey off as I entered into the room.

*If you have any suggestions please tell me. I  have never written a story before and I want to improve. I will continue to write because even if one person found this story interesting I will continue for that one person. Thank you for reading even if you thought it was horrible. I will try to make it longer in the future."