Chapter 19

“Wake up!” A voice from outside of my dreams sounded. I tried to swat away the annoying noise but it was futile. “You need to wake up.” The voice repeated

“Why?” I moaned not wanting to open my eyes. I don’t know what time it is but I do know it was too early to wake up.

“You either wake up or I will dump cold water on your head.” My dad threatened. I grumbled in reply not really understanding what my father said since I was still asleep.

When the water hit my face, I bolted up wide awake, shocked by the fact he actually dumped cold water on my head. After the initial shock faded, I groaned from how sore I was. My eyes became wider as I focused on the clock and realized it was four in the morning.

“Why the heck am I’m up so early in the morning?!”  I sent an accusing stare at my father.

“To train.” He simply stated as if I was dumb for not figuring it out. He then laughed when he heard my stomach growl. “I already prepared breakfast. Come on.” I followed him downstairs to the kitchen. My stomach growled even louder at the mouth-watering aroma of bacon, ham and eggs which caused my dad to chuckle.

Dad launched into another speech about how we were different than normal shapeshifters. He explained that shapeshifters take only 10% of the time a normal human takes to heal. It takes a human six weeks to heal a broken arm so a shapeshifter only needed five days. Then he explained that a fully realizedwerewolf heals faster and only takes half the time a shapeshifter needs. But I still haven’t reached that point. Dad then proceeded to talk about training. Every morning we were going to do weight training and he expected me to continue doing it even after I leave Tuesday.

Heading back upstairs to get dress, I ran into an ever hesitant Kasey waiting in my bedroom.

“What’s wrong with you Kasey? You haven’t come downstairs in a while.” I asked slightly concern if he was feeling okay. I know he is dead but they still have feelings.

“Oh nothing. I’m just going to stay up here until you head to school.” He replied looking worriedly down the steps.

“Why are you so afraid of my dad? You are not afraid of Kaden and he can sense you.”

“That’s thing, Kaden can only sense me. He doesn’t know exactly where I am in the room. Your dad stares right at me and it gives me the creeps. He never paid much attention to me before we left but now he is always staring at me when I’m around. I just don’t like it.” Kasey whined.

“I do admit that is a little strange but you must remember that he can’t do anything to you.” I reassured Kasey. “I will come get you after I’m done with my weight training.”

“That sounds good.” Kasey agreed.

 Once I was dressed, I headed downstairs to begin the torture on my muscles. The torture lasted two hours leaving my body very sore. After a quick shower that I wished was longer, I retrieved Kasey and my school gear then headed to school.

“I don’t want to be here.” I complained to Amy in our usual morning seats in the cafeteria. I was sore all over and at this exact moment I wanted to be sleeping in a nice hot tub.

“We only have one more year, so bare with it.” Amy replied mistaking my meaning.

“I meant today. I don’t want to be here today. I’m sore all over and everyone is staring at us.” Which they were. I was hoping I would be left alone but apparently not.

“They’re staring at you not us.” Amy corrected. “You don’t have to worry about any of them challenging you. Devin told everyone to keep their paws off you. He said you are his chew toy.”