Chapter 11

*So here is my next chapter, I hope you enjoy it. The chapter after this one is already mostly written and hopefully be upload by next weekend. It would be appreciated if you vote but if you are still angry at me, i understand.  *

The ghosts were swarming around Bryce, closing in on him. The whole scene had changed, the bright room was now gloomy and dark. The air was cold and stale with no offer of comfort. The smell of French toast no longer existed, instead anger and fear filled the atmosphere. Then I realized that the fear I was scenting was coming from Bryce and that caused everything to stop. The ghosts disappeared and room returned to normal. My whole body was shaking and it wouldn’t stop shaking. Dropping to the floor, I started to tear up. I could now smell the fear rolling off me.

Bryce was by my side as soon as I dropped. He didn’t question what had just happened. Even if he did ask me, I had no answers for him because I couldn’t even understand what had happened.  “That is the reason why we are hiding your identity. We don’t know exactly what you can do and we don’t want anyone else to find out. That is what Alpha said. He said if your identity got out, you would be hunted once they discovered what you can do. You know how Alpha has gut feelings?”

“His gut is usually right. Didn’t he always saw he inherited his ability from his mother?” I replied still curled up on the floor with Bryce rubbing my back.

“Yes, he does say that and he has a feeling that your powers, whatever they may be, has an important role in the future and doesn’t want anyone else finding out. This is his way of protecting you. You just need to trust Alpha for now.”

“I understand.” I saw Kasey from the corner of my eye beckoning me to my room. “Now if you excuse me.” And with that I got up and weakly made my way to the room I was staying in.

“This conversation isn’t over. We still have to talk about your powers.” I heard Bryce say as I left.  

“Yes Kasey?” I said once I was out of earshot and with a loud stereo near the door so I couldn’t be overheard.

“Are you okay?” He asked worryingly. He wasn’t staying still either. He was floating around me, inspecting every inch of me.

“I’m fine.”

“Are you sure? Because you awakened a lot of ghosts and forced them against their will to help you.”

“And we don’t appreciate it!” A young ghost lady probably around the age of twenty appeared. She was dressed in the old southern clothing with a long colorful skirt and blouse. Her hair was all pinned up and she was carrying an umbrella except that umbrella was closed and pointed at me as if she was about to run me through with it.

“I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to call you.” I then saw that there were other ghosts behind her almost hiding. “Or any of you. I am very sorry.” I gave them a werewolf submissive pose with my head down and eyes looking away.

“Well as I said we don’t appreciate it and we want compensation.” She asserted. “We want some of your energy.”

“She can’t give you any of her energy.” The umbrella whipped around to point at Kasey as he spoke. “She has something to complete today and needs all of her strength. You know if she was a cruel person she would have banished you before you even asked for repayment. You saw her abilities so leave and be thankful she isn’t the type to make you slaves.”

“How do you know she isn’t going to make us her slaves?  She already did it once. Also, we have seen the trapped ghosts in this town. We aren’t blind. Who else could do that except for that Death Princess over there!” She accused. Truthfully, I couldn’t get a word in to defend myself because Kasey kept beating me to it.