Chapter 8

*Sorry it took so long to update. I got super busy with school work. I will try to post next sunday so please please please vote and comment. Trust me, the more votes and comments i get the more i want to update. The next chapter will be up sunday most likely. Though if i get 11 votes on chapter 8 or get a 100 reads on this chapter, i will post earlier.Thank you all for reading my story.*

“You can see what?” I must have really confused him because he was giving me a strange look as he asked. It was almost the ‘are you crazy?’ look.

“I can see ghosts, beings who have died but haven’t left this world. The curse I keep talking about is actually just a bunch of ghosts stealing life energy from people.” I tried to explain but now he had on the face that said ‘you must be crazy’.

“See! Look at what you have done!” Kasey complained pointing his hands to imply he was talking about Kaden. “You should have just left out the part about ghosts. But no you had the urge to tell him for some reason.”

“But ghosts, they don’t exist.” Kaden stumbled.

“Why can’t they exist?” I casually replied, tired of the situation already.

“Because it is just not possible. Our conscious and personality is a result of certain chemicals mixing in our brains. Once the brain stops so does our being. Ghosts can’t exist because of that.” He explained in a typical scientific fashion. The type of reasoning that doesn’t allow for things that don’t fit.

“Wow, werewolves are very scientific for people who exist because of magic.” Kasey commented and I repeated to Kaden because I agreed with Kasey. This comment caused Kaden to shut-up for a bit.

“I don’t care if you believe me or not but let’s think about it for a second. Have you ever felt magic in the way that you are feeling it now?” My question resulted in a ‘no’ headshake from Kaden. “Yet for some reason you can feel something now?” A ‘yes’ nod. “Animals usually have a certain amount of a sixth sense kind of like their own animal magic right?” I continued on without letting him answer. “We are part animal or at least have some of their magic thus we can believe that something supernatural is in this room but isn’t mage magic.”

“Just forget about him, Christy!” Kasey complained as he semi-blocked my view of Kaden. Sadly, he couldn’t block my view completely since he is transparent somewhat. “I have big news!”

“Get on with it then.” I told Kasey ignoring Kaden’s confused look. I turned my back on Kaden so he didn’t think I was talking to him.

“I found a human, an actual human that was able to see ghosts!” He exclaimed with a huge grin on his face.

“What?! Really!?”  My excitement levels sky-rocketed and I was almost bouncing up and down. I could finally meet someone else who has the same problems as me and maybe they could help me out some. We could share tips and stories and figure out what to do!

“Yup and she wants to meet you.”

“When?”

“Tonight at midnight but I have something to tell you that I left out.” My mood plummeted. Whenever he says that he left something out that means either there is a condition or it is bad news. Either way it is something I would not like.

“Well, um, she is, um, is a ghost.” And certainly my mood dropped. I don’t understand why I keep getting my hopes up but for some reason I do. I can’t help it.

“Um, what is going on?” Kaden asked from right over my shoulder. I was too engrossed on my conversation to hear him come from behind me and I jumped when he spoke and turned quickly around.