Chapter 24

*I had a difficult time writing this chapter, it didn't take me long. I had written a year ago but due to my editor's and my busy schedule we couldn't get to the book. The reason I had a hard time writing it is because I didn't want to be too graphic since it is PG-13 but at the same time it is graphic so please be advised. Also my editor had surgery recently and I had to threaten him with no pain meds in order to get him to edit my story. So here it is the next part and hopefully we will get the one after out soon.*

The place Alice brought us to was not the ancient, magician tower that she mentioned to the guards before. It was a rundown, antique three story Victorian house located off a dirt road in the mountains. The house , once a dull blue color, had faded almost to white from decades of wind and snow. The white was only broken in places by sickly green mold that had formed. The inside could not be in much better conditions as holes could be seen in the roof and walls. Even the front porch had mostly rotted away with broken wooden planks and crumbling railings. Almost all of the windows were boarded up and the ones that weren’t had shutters that would flap in the wind sending out eerie banging noise. Vines from the overgrown yard were crawling up the sides of the house, engulfing an entire side. The once manicured lawn was now nothing but a brown wasteland peppered with patches of dirt. I could hear the house creak and moan from the wind as we got closer.

There was no mistake, this was a haunted house. As I approached, I realized the moans from the wind were actually the moans of the ghosts trapped in that house. I could feel their despair standing five hundred feet from the house. The hair on my neck stood on end and Kasey’s face turned paler. This was a house of death, I fear if we stayed too long our souls would be sucked out.

I could feel my whole body shivering as if the temperature had dropped below zero. All of my instincts were telling me to run, we weren’t safe here even at this distance. I never thought the day would come where I would be this afraid of ghosts. I admit the vampire ghost gave me a scare but nothing like the chaos encompassing this house. The vampire gave me a sense of adrenaline and fleeing for me life, this was more of a cold sense of dread and despair that threatened to destroy my being.

Kasey was even worse off than me. I had a physical body that could help protect my spirit from this chaos, Kasey was fully exposed. His face was completely drained of any color he had left. His arms were tightly wrapped around his body as if to protect himself. This close to the house he was sputtering intangible non-sense. He wasn’t going to survive if he went inside that house of hell.

I was too busy worrying about Kasey that I didn’t think of the others until the scent of fear drifted to my nose. I realized it was coming from Kaden. There was no way he could see what’s inside but he could sense it. Perhaps it’s because he has been with me and Kasey long enough to recognize the presence of spirits. More likely it was because the spirits in the house were that strong that anyone could at least sense the malice emitting from it.

“Alright guys! Ready to go?” Alice asked unfazed by the chaos in front of her. It almost sounded that she was excited to explore this place. I couldn’t smell a drop of fear emitting from her. She was powerful enough to feel this energy yet she wasn’t showing it. Was I wrong about her sixth sense?

“This is where you live?” I asked skeptically when I was sure my voice wouldn’t shake.

“Of course not. I don’t have a death wish.” She coyly replied. I guess she wasn’t as insane as I was beginning to think. She is just a crazy, lunatic looking for a deathly thrill.

“Then what are we doing here.” With every second that passed, my worry grew. Kasey was starting to look worse and worse by the minute. The best option was to leave as soon as possible.