Chapter 2

My escape route was the window so I left it opened. I let my wolf come forward for I needed her power to get rid of this ghost. I hated dealing with vampires in real life but at least in death, I have more control over them. I took off my necklace and tucked it into my pocket, revealing my aura. The ghost sensing a better energy source flew straight for me as soon as the necklace entered my pocket.

“Stop.” I commanded as she flew towards me. I could feel the power in my voice and my eyes. She stopped dead in her tracks, excuse the pun.  At the same instant, the werewolf on the bed bolted up at my voice. He looked at me deciding if I was a threat or not.

Ignoring him I continued on. “I command you to leave this man and pass on.” The vampire just hissed at me as it tried to resist my command.  The guy was slowly getting up, probably trying not to scare the crazy person into attacking. I pulled off one of my charms that was a cross and threw it at the ghost. One of the few defenses I have against vampires. It screamed a blood curling cry as the cross passed through it. “I command you to leave this world once and for all and never come back!”  I raised my voice keeping it leveled. It started to fade and in a few seconds, the vampire ghoul was no longer in this world. The werewolf must have felt the atmosphere change because he let out a sigh of relief.

“What did you do?” He asked me quietly as if he was afraid to know. Giving him my biggest smile, I started to back away as I put on my amethyst necklace. Never turn your back on a werewolf, it was an insult and they might just attack you. “Stop.” The command was thick in his voice. Sadly it didn’t take an alpha to command me; anyone above my rank can command me. Even though it was tempting to stop, he wasn’t my pack and I wasn’t about to listen to him. He growled, realizing I wasn’t following his command. My feet touched the grass outside and I darted away, not listening to his warning.  I could hear the guy swear and start to chase after me. Normally you never ran from a werewolf but I was the fastest in the pack. I had to be fast so I could escape because in a fight the pack would rather me run than stay and fight. I was just that weak.

“Don’t look back. I will distract him. Meet you at the house.” Kasey shouted as he went towards the werewolf. I heard a thud and swearing behind me as I continued to dash to my car. Jumping into my beautiful baby car, I sped away. Well, I wouldn’t say sped, more like followed the speed limit but it felt like I sped. Didn’t want anyone knowing I was up and about at 5:30 in the morning. Actually I didn’t want to be up and about at 5:30 in the morning but my adrenaline was pumping from the chase so I was wide awake now. 

Climbing back into my room, I laid down on my bed and sighed. I was in the safety of my house and nothing could get me. Well, certain things couldn’t get me. Undressing, I took in the damage of the experience. Other than the fact I was exhausted from the banishing, nothing of me was injured. The only thing I lost was the cross I kept on my charm bracelet which was easily replaced. Werewolves always kept crosses near them. It helped to keep vampires away. I wouldn’t say vampires and werewolves hate each but they tend to keep to themselves. I don’t mind, vampires scare the living daylight out of me. I put the spare cross I had onto my charm bracelet. Could never be too safe.

Dressed in jeans and a plain blue v-neck, I sat on my bed, waiting for Kasey to arrive. He was probably following the werewolf to figure out what his plan was. Thinking back to that werewolf guy, he wasn’t that bad looking from what I could tell in the dark. He had a nice body but most werewolves had good bodies. What I liked about him was his wolf eyes. His eyes were a cold gray color and were glowing when he commanded me. Werewolves usually tend to have gold eyes so it was interesting to see his eyes. His growl was even kind of sexy.

“So I can’t tell if he was worse before or after we got rid of the ghost. He seemed kind of mad about you running out on him and escaping.” Kasey informed me. I giggled at the thought of me making someone mad. I don’t usually get to make someone mad, that would end very badly for me since I am the Omega. Don’t get someone mad if you can’t defend yourself that is the rule in the pack. It felt good to make someone mad without fearing for my life.