Chapter 18

*I'm dedicating this chapter to LoneMusician (she is awesome)  because her comments keep me going and I love how she motivates me to write. I apologize about how long it took to update but here is Chapter 18 and I hope you enjoy it. 

Also my other story, Skimming the Surface will connect to this story so please read that. I will put the next chapter up Monday for Skimming the Surface. *

Everyone was still gaping when the teacher walked in a minute later.

“How many times have I said not to have domination fights in the classroom! Who was it this time?” Ms. Thompson asked the class. Everyone’s shocked faces turned towards me, some people even had the nerve to point! “You expect me to believe Christina did this?” Disbelief laced her words. By this time, I had already come back to my senses. Truthfully I could barely believe I had just done that. I tried my hardest to look small and weak once again. “Christina go see the principal, he will figure out how to deal with this. Howard, Mike, take Devin to the nurses to recover.”

“I can’t believe you just did that.” Kasey rambled as I grabbed my backpack, leaving the room as quick as I could. “You were awesome! You should do this more often!” The last time I was in the principal office was for the meeting with Kaden and that didn’t end well, hopefully this time it will better. By the time I reached the principal office, Ms. Thompson had already called him and explained the situation. He was waiting at the door for me.

“Come in Ms. LaRosa.” Principal Pollock sighed, shaking his head. Principal Pollack knows everyone’s name and family. The school is small with only 67 students from k-12 so it was very easy for him to know everything about us. I walked in with my head low, taking a seat in one of the stiff chairs in the office. “Now what in the world possessed you to punch Mr. Stubbs?” Disappointment was thick in his voice.

“Because he is a class one asshole.” Kasey commented and I had to stop my smile from forming before I replied.

“I was fed up with the way he has been treating me. I know I am omega but that gives him no right to treat me like shit.“ I explained getting frustrated, I stood up and started pacing.

“Watch your language.” The principal sighed. “Ms. LaRosa, you must remember the consequences before doing something so rash.” As the principal lectured, Kasey started to mimic the way he talked behind the principal’s back. It was becoming harder to hold my laughter in as they continued. “Seeing as this how we establish order in the pack I am not going to punish you; but now you best be on your guard.  Mr. Stubbs will try to get revenge and it will not be pretty. He was beaten by an omega.”

“An injured one at that.” Kasey interjected.

 “And now his standing in the pack will be challenged by other people. I’m going to let you go now and please try your best not to get killed.” I stopped pacing to give him a worried look. “Don’t worry, Mr. Stubbs will be given the rest of the week off to cool his head. You will be safe in school. Now go back to class and make sure nothing like this happens again.” He said dismissing me. I nodded and headed back to the classroom.

“You’re so silly.” I laughed at Kasey once we were alone. “It was so hard not to laugh in front of Pollack.”

“It was so I could see that smile.” Kasey beamed and I was glad to have a friend like him, even if he was dead and could be annoying at points.

“The rest of the school day went smoothly. At lunch my friends questioned me about Devin. I told them I didn’t get much rest on my trip and was a bit on edge. I also told them the only reason I was able to do it was because he wasn’t expecting it. In the halls and behind my back ,though, I could hear people whisper about me. News travels fast in a school as small as this.