19

Dakota

I'm home alone. Well not completly alone, I have Amisha. Alexa is at school and later she'll be out with Ashton and Calum said he had some stuff to do. So, movie marathon tonight.

I dropped out last week so I'm going to miss my prom. My teachers said that I could still go to college given my grades up til now. I have no idea what I want to do though. I already have a full-time job. Mali and Alexa are the only two people that work at Love and Pet with me. The guys help out when stuff needs moved that's too heavy for us.

My phone dings.

Calum 😍😍😍: Hey baby

Me: Hey honey. I thought you had stuff to do

Calum 😍😍😍: Do you not wanna talk to meeeee :( :( :(

Me: Lol no baby. I want to talk to you. I'm just confused.

Calum 😍😍😍: Uh huh suuuuuuuuuuuuure 😒

I laugh and Amisha stares at me like I'm crazy.

Me: Fine be that way then

I roll my eyes and go into the kitchen to make some popcorn and get some candy.

Calum 😍😍😍: Nuuuuuuuuu
Babyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Come baaaaaaaaaaaaack
Kooooooooootaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
I missssss yooooou
I'm sooooooooooorry
Honey?
*missed call from Calum 😍😍😍*
Are you legit mad at me?
*missed call from Calum 😍😍😍*
I was joking
I love you
I love you so much
I'm sorry

Me: Calum, we're cool. I just went into the kitchen and left my phone on the couch

Calum 😍😍😍: .........

Me: Sorry

Calum 😍😍😍: It's fine.
Hey, I have a surprise for you.

Me: Ooooooh what is it?

Calum 😍😍😍: You have to go on a little adventure first.

Me: ????

Calum 😍😍😍: Trust me
To begin your quest, go to the place where we proved our love

I blush and roll my eyes. I grab my jacket and lock up the house. I drive to my parent's house.

"Mom? Papa?"

They aren't home. Weird.

I go up to my old room. It's exactly how I left it except there are rose petals all over my bed.

I go over and find a note on my pillow.

Dear Dakota,

Hey baby girl. Hope you can read my handwriting.

That night in this room, it wasn't just a fuck. I actually care about you Dakota, and I don't know how to act, or what to say. I'm usually good with words but with you, my mind goes blank.

You're the kind of girl that has the potential to make someone like me fall in love. I'm not there yet but damn it Kota! I feel it happening everytime I look at you, everytime I kiss you.

Your next clue is where you're at your best.

Forever yours,
Calum

I smile and roll my eyes and go downstairs. I grab a bag of chedder and sour cream ruffles then hed to Love and Pet.

I walk in. Mali is already there.

"Hey Dakota."

"Hey Mali. Anything for me? Mail, bills, etc."

She laughs. "No. Yes. And yes. We'll all sit down later for the bills."

I nod. "Alright."

She walks into the back and comes back out with a folded up paper in her hands. "Here ya go."

I open it.

"Read it out loud?"

I laugh and nod.

Hey Baby,

Your adventure is almost over. There is just one more stop mi amor.

There is a driver waiting for you at your house. He will take you where I've told him to.

Have fun and see you soon baby.

Oh and if Mali is making you read this out loud, hey sister.

With love,
Calum

We both laugh. He knew.

"I'll see you later Mali."

She nods. "Have fun."

I go back to my house. A lot of cardio today. I'm so tired.

There's a black limo outside with a man standing in front of it.

"Miss Hemmings?"

I nod.

"Come on in."

I get in the back. "You can call me Kota."

"Okay, Miss Kota-"

"Just Kota." I smile. I hope I'm not being rude.

He nods and starts driving. "Mr. Hood told me to take you to your final destination. There are four dresses in the back compartment. Chose one and get changed."

I open up the long cabinet/closet thing and find four beautiful dresses hanging up. I could never pull these off. Especially the shoes, I'll fall.

 Especially the shoes, I'll fall

"A-Are these mine?"

He smiles. "Yes Kota. Mr. Hood bought them for you."

My mouth hangs open.

He laughs and pulls me out of my trance.

"Can you see me while I change?"

"Not when I close this window." He closes it and all I see is a black outline of him.

I suck in my breath and look at them. My favorite is the black one with the colors running down it.

I put it on and look down at my body. I can't do this. I'll look like shit.

As if he read my mind, my phone beeps.

Calum 😍😍😍: I'm falling in love with you. You look perfect to me. Even if you're just in sweats and a t-shirt. 💖💖