15

Calum
❤❤❤
A Few Months Later

"Baby, wake up. You gotta go to school." I nudge her.

She groans. "I don't want to." She curls into a little ball and nuzzles closer to me.

I laugh. "Come on Kota."

"But Caaaaaaaaluuuuuuuuuuuuum. School is awfuuuuuuuuul." She whines and pulls me closer.

I smile. "No buts." I get up. "C'mon, get up."

She groans but sits up.

"Come on princess. Shower."

She rolls her eyes and goes into the bathroom, taking her phone.

"Wait babe, your clothes."

"Pick them for me. Please." I hear her sob.

"Baby? Are you okay?" I try to open the door but it's locked. She never locks it. "Honey, can I join you?"

"Uh... No no. It's okay."

We usually take showers together but I suppose since today is her first day going to school I'll give her her space. The water turns on. I sigh and pick out some clothes at random. Hopefully she'll like it.

I go to wake up Luke and see he's already awake.

"Luke?"

He looks up. He's been crying.

"What's wrong?"

"L-Look at Twitter. P-People..." He trails off.

I open my Twitter and look at all the hate directed towards Kota. It pisses me off so much that our so called fans can't be happy when we're happy with someone. There are some nice comments but the hateful ones outnumbered them 1000 to 1.

That's why she was crying and wouldn't let me in. Wait.....

"Fuck! KOTA!"

I run out of Luke's room and into Kota's. I bang on the bathroom door. No answer. I hear the other guys come in.

"Babe, open the door!" I bang more.

No answer.

"Dakota, open the damn door." I hear the water shut off. "KOTA-"

The door creaks open and her head pops out. "W-What Calum?" Her wet hair sticks to her face as she opens the door. She's clutching a towel around herself.

I pull her to me. She doesn't try to get away but she tenses.

"Did.... Did you...?"

She shakes her head. "Almost."

I sigh and pick her up bridel style. I sit on the bed and hold her. She's shaking. "Those people...." She starts crying.

"Hey, maybe you should skip school today, yeah?" I kiss her forehead.

She shrugs and nuzzles closer.

I look at the boys.

"No school today sis. You'll go tomorrow." Luke hangs his head.

She nods and relaxes.

The boys leave and I help Dakota get into something more comfortable. She takes one of my shirts and some shorts of hers.

I pull her to me and run my fingers through her wet hair. "Sleep love. Everything will be okay." I kiss her forehead. "I promise."

"Don't make promises you can't keep." She pulls away from me.

"Babyyyy." I reach for her but she moves farther away. I sigh. "Dakota-"

"Leave Calum. Just go. Find someone your fans approve of." She looks like she's about to cry.

"Honey please don't say that. I love you."

She shakes her head. "I'm sorry. We're done."

I feel my heart break. "No. Please no. Dakota please." Hot tears stream down my face.

"I'm sorry." She gives me my shirt and puts on one of her own. "So sorry." She runs out.

I lost her.

Michael

Dakota runs past us and outside. I look out and see her drive off.

Ashton gets up. "I got her. Luke, stay here and feed the cat. Michael... Calum."

I nod. Luke looks up and nods. Ashton goes out the door.

I pat Luke on the back then go upstairs.

"Cal?"

I hear him crying. I go into Dakota's room and see him clutching her pillow.

"Calum?"

"I lost her."

He sounds so broken. I hate it.

"Calum. She's just.....upset. It'll be okay."

He shakes his head. "Those people... our fans called her things that just..... hurt so much. I know it hurt her way more than it did me but...." He sighs. "Temptress, fat bitch, slutty cowgirl, man-stealer.. I couldn't protect her." His voice breaks and he starts sobbing and shaking.

I shake my head. "If they really think that then they're not really our fans."

"I hate this so much."

"I know Calum. But she loves you. She wouldn't be so hurt if she didn't."

He nods slowly. "I-I need some sleep."

I nod and start to leave.

"Michael?"

I turn around.

"S-She..... Will she come home to me?"

I nod. "Ash went after her."

He tenses but nods.

"She loves you. Not him."

He nods and lays down.

I leave and shut the door.

Come on Ash. Don't do something stupid.

Ashton

I find Kota at Love and Pet talking to Mali. Mali has been working there since we started the tour.

Mali notices me first. "Kota." She nudges Dakota then goes to the back.

She turns around. Fuck, she's been crying.

"What do you want Ash?" She busies herself with feeding some animals.

I decide to just dive right in. "He loves you Kota. He doesn't believe what those people say. He's in love with you."

She shakes her head. "I promised myself two things when I agreed to date Calum. Do you know what they were?"

I shake my head but realize she has her back to me. "No."

She turns and leans against the counter. "The first one was to not be the reason for Luke and Calum's arguments.... The second one was to not interfere with the band and your fans relationship... So, I'm stepping back. I'm dropping out soon and I'll m-move.... It'll be easier."

My mouth goes dry. "K-Kota."

She smiles softly. "I love all you guys. And I'm in love with Calum but until your fans approve I'll be saying goodbye." She laughs bitterly. "Ya'know me and him actually acted like we'd never have to end us..."

She shakes her head and walks away. If my heart hurts this badly, I can only imagine how much Calum's does.