18

Calum

We're all backstage. All the guys are with their families.

I'm trying to focus on what my mum is saying but I find myself looking at Dakota. She laughs at something Luke said and I feel myself smile.

"Calum."

I look at my mum. She smiles.

"S-Sorry."

She shakes her head. "Go."

I smile and kiss her cheek. "We'll talk later."

I go over to the Hemmings clan. "Hey Kota, can we um.. Can we talk?"

She hesitates but nods.

We go outside. She shivers so I put my jacket on her shoulders.

"Thanks."

We walk to a nearby park and sit in the swings.

"Look about the song-"

She laughs. It's a bitter, hateful laugh. Not Dakota. Not my Dakota. "Don't tell me you give a shit about me now."

"I care about you Dakota. We've known each other a long time. I know you."

"You don't know me. You never took the time to know me. I'm Luke's baby sister, I used to cut and I have a rose tattoo. That's all you know."

"I know you Dakota!"

"No you don't Calum!"

"I know that when you get embarrassed, you blush and cover your face until I pry them away and kiss you. I know when your deep in thought, you stare into space. I know that you look at the ground when you feel insecure. I know you bite your lip when your thinking or trying not to smile that beautiful smile of yours. I know that you tilt your head when you're confused or when you're just being silly. I know that when you don't wanna cry, you'll look up and blink. I know you love the stars because no matter what happens in your life, they're always there. I know that you want to be strong for everyone, so you push your feelings deep down and smile. I know that you play with and ruffle your hair when you're nervous or scared. I know that whenever you look at me, you get this look in your eyes that makes my heart skip two beats. I know you pace when you rant about something you're passionate about. I know you sing when you're in a good mood. I know you like sleeping on you're right side but that you'll sleep on your left when you wanna hear my heart beat."

I reach over and take her hand. "And I know that you love me, because if you didn't, you wouldn't have given a fuck about the people talking shit."

I look down at her hand in mine. "And I know that I'm falling in love with you, Dakota Lyric Hemmings."

She blinks at me.

"Kota?"

She opens her mouth but shuts it again.

"Dakota, please say something. Anything."

"Y-Your fans...."

I feel my tensity dissapear. "Those people are not fans. If they were, they wouldn't have said that."

Tears fill her eyes. She looks up and blinks.

"You can cry infront of me."

She shakes her head.

"I want to see all of you, and everything about you, I'm fine seeing you in pain and hurting, and I want to do something about it."

She looks at me and the tears fall.

I get off the swing and kneal infront of her. "I love you so much. I love your voice. Your body. Your brain. Your heart. Everything about you, I love. Please, stay with me. Be mine."

She covers her mouth with her hands.

"I don't have a ring yet. But I promise that one day, I will propose. Not because of what people think but because I love you."

I wrap my arms around her legs and put my head in her lap. My own tears escape and I squeeze my eyes shut so hard it hurts.

(A/N: sorry but another convo me and Alex had. Sorry.)

I feel her shaky hand run through my hair. "I-I want you to be here to hold be and tell me everything will be okay when I fall apart."

I open my eyes. "I wish I could be there every time..."

"Me too.... W-When we're married I swear I'll keep quiet so you can sleep."

I jerk my head up and she flinches. "Nuuuuu. I want to sleep with you, I never want you to feel alone ever again. I don't care how loud you are."

"Are you sure?"

"Yes baby. I'm absolutely positive. I never want you to cry alone again." I take her hands and kiss her knuckles.

"Okaay."

"I love you so much Dakota."

"I love you too."

"Stay with me. Please."

She nods. "O-Okay."

I beam at her.

She rolls her eyes. "You're crazy."

I smile sheepishly. "Yeah but it's all for you baby."

She laughs and shakes her head.