35

Dakota

I wake up without Calum.

"Puddin?"

Why did I just call him that? Oh right. We watched Suicide Squad last night when I woke up after the interview.

He comes in the room, shirtless with a plate in his hand. "Did you just call me Puddin?"

"No. I said puppy. Clean out your ears babe." I giggle.

He rolls his eyes. "M'Kay babe. Whatever you say." He grins.

I flop down on my bed. "Is Aroha asleep? She's awfully quiet."

"Noo."

I lift my head up and see him cooing over our crib. I smile. My family.

I get up, the bed squeaking in protest. I go over and wrap my arms around Calum's waist. He puts his arm around me and kisses my forehead.

Aroha is looking up at us, gurgling and smiling. "She has your smile Cal."

He grins. "Nah.... Ya think?"

I roll my eyes. "Easy there. I didn't mean to blow up your ego."

He laughs his famous laugh. "True."

I smile and kiss his cheek.

"Hey wifey?"

I giggle. "Yes hubby?"

He smiles but then it's gone. Uh oh. "Um.. Luke told me that you used to erm c-cut... And I-"

"You wanna know?"

He nods. "I-If you're okay with telling me.."

I nod smiling slightly. I sit back on the bed. "Don't cry Cal."

"I can handle this." He puffs out his chest.

I giggle. "Before I moved, I had those thoughts but Luke always talked me out of it. But after..." I trail off.

He lays next to me, putting his head on my lap. "You don't have to continue baby girl."

I shake my head. "It's okay.. When you started flirting with me I felt as though someone actually liked me. Those sweet words you'd whisper in my ear built me up like buliding blocks. But Luke got mad and stopped bringing you around and I fell right back down."

I start to play with his hair.

"When Luke told my dad what was going on, the bitch." Calum giggles. "Dad blamed it all on you and told my mom we'd be staying with an old friend of his in Texas until further notice. My mom didn't like it of course because well she's Liz Hemmings. She tried to reason with him and even talked to your mom about it. His mind was set."

He takes my free hand and kisses my knuckles.

"Cue to Texas. I started dating Jace Camacho. The brother of Gina."

Calum

"The blonde girl who flirted with me?"

Her grip tightens in my hair. The hand I'm holding curls into a fist. Her jaw tightens. And at this moment I knew I fucked up. "B-Baby?"

She looks down at me. I've never seen her look this mad except when the incident actually happened.

"I'm yours."

She immediately relaxes and nods slightly. She starts playing with my hair again, looking straight ahead.

"Things were okay for awhile then he started showing me off as an object after I got my curves. Gina was very sneaky when it came to putting me down when I was dating her brother. She would say things like 'are you really wearing that' 'you don't have the body for it, give it to me.' After I would refuse she'd threaten to tell Jace I was cheating on him. She claimed she had a guy friend who would help with that saying he was my lover. She even had the twins and Amaryllis turn on me. Mary didn't stay with her for long though."

She shudders. I hold her hand tighter.

She shakes her head as if she's trying to get rid of the memories.

"Baby, you don't have to continue."

She smiles softly. "It gets better." She glances at the crib. "When I found out I was moving back, I was terrified of what Jace's reaction would be.... He screamed and yelled and said I was leaving him for another guy or whatever. I bet that's why he was looking at me funny when we went to my old farm." She laughs.

I kiss her stomach. She smiles down at me.

"When I moved back I was afraid that if I allowed myself to fall for you again that I'd have to go back. That's why I was so bitchy before."

I laugh. "Hot though."

She hits my chest playfully and laughs.

"You know the rest of our story."

"The story of our lives?"

She giggles. "This is not the time for 1D!"

I look down. "Define, 'd'"

She gasp. "Calum!" She pushes me off her lap.

I laugh and lay on my belly, putting my chin in my hands. "Oh come on babe. You know you love it."

She scrunches her nose and giggles.

"If it wasn't for it, Ahora wouldn't be here."

"True."

I grin and push myself up and kiss her. She grabs my face, pulling me closer. I hover over her.

"Dakota Cal- FUCK GUYS WE DONT NEED MORE BABIES!"

I look at the door and see Ash standing there, looking sassy.

"Hey Ash, no cursing." Dakota giggles, turning his words on him.

He rolls his eyes. "Yeah? Well no frick frack with other people in the house. Especially your daughter!" He throws his hands up dramaticly then leaves.

Dakota burst out laughing. I laugh with her.

Moments like these with her is what I love most. Sure having some fun is great but I love acting stupid with her.

I hear Arhoa gurgle. I get up and she's chewing on her hand again. I smile. "Taste good honey?"

Her wide eyes focus on me and she squeals happily. I laugh and pick her up. I lay back onto the bed. Aroha squeals more when she sees her mama.

My girls...

Who would've thought Calum Thomas Hood would get married?