5

Dakota

"What?" I look down at him, growing upset by his words. "What the hell does that mean?"

"She cheated on me, Dakota. She fucking cheated on me." He stands up and picks me up. He sits me on Luke's bed but he leans his back against my legs, his head on my lap. I can smell the light scent of alcohol as I kiss his forehead lightly. "She said I wasn't good enough. That I didn't care for her. And it hurts. She was so mean."

I run my hands through my hair, hurt by his pain. He's a good guy. It's so stupid and he dosn't deserve it. "Calum, baby. That's not true. None of it was true, and I am sorry that she did not see that. You are perfect. Every damn inch of you is beautiful. You are worth the entire world, you are more than enough."

He shakes his head sadly and pulls away from me. "I'm not. I'm not good at all. Fuck," he puts his head between his knees and growls. "Two and a half fucking years. Two and a half years only for me to find her with some asshole."

I sit on the floor next to him and hold one of his hands, hoping to take away his hurt. He squeezes my hand and continues his venting.

"S-She didn't even move away from him to tell me. She looked at me as she was naked on top of that twat. All she said was 'we're done. You weren't good enough for me,' before continuing to ride that....... you know. Like fuck me, right?" He whimpers once again. "Why is everything I do, wrong? I hate myself."

"No, baby," I wrap my arms around him and hold him close. "Please don't."

"Oh, so you can cut your skin like it's paper and hope to die, but I can't even hate myself?" Calum lets those words out in a monotone voice and I stiffen as I realize what he's said.

I almost feel my resolve break as I pull away from him. "Cal, please-"

"No," he interrupts me and looks at me, almost in anger and disgust. "You cut your arms and legs, leaving ugly scars and all I said was that I hated myself and you tell me not to say that. Fucking fix yourself first, you pathetic fucker. Or hurt yourself. See if I care."

Tears are now brimming my eyes as I blink and try to speak. Unable to come up with any words, I nod and stand, making my way out of the room and into the bathroom.

I grab my razor, not even bothering to close or even lock the door.

Calum

Dammit! I'm such and idiot.

"Kota!"

I run after her and see her in the bathroom. She's shaking with a razor in her hand.

"Dakota Lyric Hemmings! Don't."

She looks at me. Tears stream down her face.

I run to her. I take the razor out of her hands and put it on the counter. She collapses into my arms, too weak to stand any longer.

"I'm so sorry."

"Why would you say that?" She looks up at me.

I pet her hair and kiss her forehead. "I was an idiot. I'm so sorry."

She lays her head on my chest and sniffles. "Don't wanna be an American idiot."

I smile. "Don't want a nation under the new mania."

"And can you hear the sound of hysteria?"