16

Calum

Dakota hasn't come home yet. Ashton came back a little while ago but he's really quiet and looks pale.

Mali hasn't answered my text. I asked her about Kota but she won't respond. I'm starting to worry I won't get her back.

"Guys... I'm just uh gonna go home." I breifly smile but it waveres and I'm back to a frown.

"Calum-" Luke stands.

I shake my head. "I-It's okay... I'll um be okay."

He frowns but nods.

I walk slowly to my car. Images of me and Kota run through my mind. When she came home, when she played with Amisha, when we kissed in the rain... When I caught her singing in the shower, when we first took a shower together. She's so beautiful and kind. I love her so much it hurts. I can't imagine not being able to call her mine.

I make it to my car. I start it and turn on the radio. 'When I Was Your Man' by Bruno Mars comes on.

"Perfect. Just perfect." I sigh.

I change the channel and 'Stay' by Florida Gerogia Line comes on.

"Fuuuuuuuuuck." I groan. But it does give me a good idea.

Dakota

It's been a few months since I broke up with Calum. It hurts so fucking much. I cry myself to sleep every night... But the fans seem happy so that's all that matters, right?

I made a new friend. She came a few days after I went to school. Her name is Alexa. She just turned 19 so there's another person older than me. She gets excited easily, she's weird but in a good way, kinda awkward but she's sweet. She's tall, only half an inch shorter than me. She has long galaxy hair, and a lip piercing. She's a total tomboy, kind of like me but I'll wear a dress and makeup on special occasions.

She's met all the boys. Ashton and her have this little flirting thing going on. I've told her all about me and Calum. She gets what I did but she keeps saying me and him are meant to be. I agree but I promised myself I wouldn't interfere with his career.

We're gonna buy an apartment together somewhere close by but far enough away to get away from Calum and maybe heal a little. Right now, we're staying in my room at home.

"Kota? You alright?" Alexa waves her hand infront of my face.

"Huh? What?" I blink a few times. "Oh. Yeah yeah. I'm okay."

She sighs. "Thinking 'bout him again?"

I nod and frown. "It still hurts."

She pulls me to her. "I know but if it's meant to be, it will be."

I nod and wipe my eyes. "Thanks."

She smiles. "No problem. Now," she stands up. "I am going out with Ashton. You need to work. Come on." She pulls me to my feet.

"Why does it hurt so much? I dumped him."

She sighs. "Sweetie, it hurts because you're in love."

I blink. "No. That can't be right."

She smiles. "Think about it."

I sit there and blink at her, not knowing what to say or do.

I didn't even realize I was crying until Alexa pulls me to her and we sit on my bed. It makes me cry even more. "I didn't think it would go this far... It all happened so fast and you're right about me being in love with him and he dosen't even know."