34

Dakota

We're telling the fans today. The boys have an interveiw so Calum and I agreed to tell the fans. They'll find out soon anyway. She's already a month old.

"Honey, you ready to go?"

"I don't know Cal, What if we get mobbed by fans again and she gets hurt?"

He sighs. "I promise I'll protect both of you."

I shake my head. "I don't need it. I'm a big, tough girl. I tie my own shoes and everything. Nice try wonder boy."

He chuckles. "Baby, I promise Aroha will be safe."

I scrunch up my nose. "Caaaaaaaaluuuuuum."

He laughs and shakes his head. "She'll be okay."

I look down at my tiny daughter. Calum wanted the bow-ish thing on her head.

 Calum wanted the bow-ish thing on her head

"She loves the blanket your mom gave her."

I hear his heavy tread come closer. "How did we end up here?" His breath fans across my ear and neck.

I lean into him. "Mmm I don't know. But I'm glad we got here."

"Me too." He kisses my neck softly.

"You really think she'll be okay?"

He laughs. "Baby, she loves the attention everyone gives her. Everytime someone comes over she makes sure they know she's here."

I sigh. "Yeah."

He turns me around in his arms. "She'll be okay. And if you don't think you wanna put her through it again, we won't for a couple years. Okay?"

"Okay."

✴✴✴
Few Hours Later

The interviewer just asked something about their music. Ashton is answering

"Loud, quiet, rockin. No, cause there's tender moments in the album so it's loud then it could be quiet."

I can tell Calum is trying to hold back his laughter. I'm feeding Ahora with a blanket over her and my shoulder. I keep getting weird looks from people.

"Then it's very, parts of it are quite rock....so loud, quiet, rock.

Michael and Luke lose it.

"Come on boys, help me out. I'm not a dictionary."

I laugh. The interviewer chuckles. "So Calum, you got married a few months ago."