Chapter 13

Chapter 13: Chapter 13

"Harry, there are some people at the front door who want to know if you can come out and play." 

Harry looked up at his wife from the table where he was putting the finishing touches to his breakfast. 

"What are you going on about, Gin?" 

"El and Charlie are on the portico dressed in full Quidditch gear and they have some folks with them," she replied with a smile. 

"I thought they weren't coming by until this afternoon and we were just going to talk about the team," he said as he stood up. 

Ginny just shrugged and followed Harry towards the front door smiling. He pulled the door open and there was the entire team including one flier Harry didn't recognize. In addition, Mrs. Weasley was there holding on to little Fred and Gabrielle had Victoire by the hand and Fleur was holding Dominique. Harry looked back and Ginny and said, 

"I think we've been invaded." 

"When it's family it's a visit, Harry," El countered, "although the aftermath might be the same. It was looking to be such a beautiful day and since we hadn't been together in a while we thought we'd get an early start and fit in some practice. I hope you don't mind." 

"Not at all, I think it's great, just give us a chance to get ready. You can get the kids settled in, Abagail is with James in the nursery, but first things first," Harry said as he stepped forward to swoop up his niece and give her a hug. "Hello, my big girl, how are you?" 

"G'd Uncle 'arry. How are you?" Victoire said as she squeezed Harry around the neck. 

After other hugs and kisses were exchanged, Mrs. Weasley, Gabrielle, and Fleur took the little ones in to see James and Abagail while Ginny and Harry took their gear and brooms out of the closet under the staircase. While they were getting suited up Charlie made the one needed introduction. 

"Harry, remember we were talking about picking up one more flier as a substitute? Well, this is him. We were roommates up at Hogwarts. Eddy, this is Harry Potter and my sister Ginny. Harry, Gin, this is Eddy Hillchurch. Eddy was a first rate chaser but more importantly he could play any other position to a credible standard so it makes him perfect for that lost spot." 

"Hello, Eddy. It's really great to meet you," Harry said offering his hand. 

"It's a pleasure meetin' ya, Mr. Potter," Eddy replied. "I'm lookin' forward to flyin' with ya." 

"Of course, that leaves the question of team captain open," Bill said. 

Everyone turned to look at Harry. He looked right back shaking his head. 

"Oh, no you don't. I turned the job down my seventh year and I'm not about to start now. El and Charlie put this together. It should be either one of them." 

"Charlie it is, then, I don't know enough about the other positions to be captain," El said quickly. 

"Hold on a minute, Bill is the oldest..." Charlie began. 

"Sorry, little brother, it's all yours," Bill said with a grin. 

Charlie scowled a bit and then shrugged. El reached into the pocket of her flying robe and pulled out the whistle Harry gave Charlie for Christmas that time. 

"I thought you might have need of it," she said with a grin. 

Charlie took it and was about to give it a blow when a small pop was heard and there was Kreacher in his coach's sweatshirt, a gray driver's cap and his whistle on the chain around his neck.