Chapter 49

Chapter 49 

"Good morning, family. How is everyone this morning?" Abagail said as she breezed into the kitchen. 

"Well, someone is in a very good mood aren't they," Ginny said from the table where she was helping Albus with his breakfast. 

"Yes, I am. One of the nice things about being away on a trip is coming home again," the little witch replied as she gave mother and son a joint hug. 

"Did you sleep well?" Harry asked from the other side of the table where he sat next to James. 

"Yes, I did. Very soundly and no dreams," she replied with a little smile. 

After giving Ginny and Albus their hugs she hurried around to the other side of the table where James sat with his arms held out. She gave the little boy a big squeeze which set him off to laughing. Then she stepped sideways and wrapped her arms around Harry's neck from behind and put her face against his. 

"And good morning to you, little one," Harry said. 

"Thank you, Harry, for everything," she said and kissed him on the cheek. 

Ginny watched this with raised eyebrows but said nothing. Abagail released her grip on Harry's neck and dropped into the chair at his other side, helping herself to tea and some toast. 

"So, sweetheart, now that you're home, what plans do you have, if any?" Ginny asked. 

"Well, I have some orders to fill for those hand painted pins and pendants. And I have some sketches to make for another children's book. Seems the author is having some trouble visualizing what he wants. I guess he's all about words and not much with pictures. And if you've no objections, I've asked Angus over for dinner." 

"No problems with that at all. You know he's always welcome," Ginny said, "but not until dinner?" 

"He was heading up to Hogwarts this morning to see Professor Vector. Angus is still working on his Snitch theory. He wants to go over some things with the Professor. He was talking more about those chaotic maths or whatever while we were on our trip," Abagail replied. 

"I like to think of myself as a reasonably intelligent fellow," Harry began, "but I can't even begin to imagine what goes on inside that boy's head." 

"I know what you mean, Harry. One night after we had finished eating he started to explain to me what his idea was. I was able to stay with him for the first couple of minutes but after that," Abagail shook her head, "I was just along for the ride. But it was so much fun to listen to him talking about something he was so interested in." 

"I imagine he spent some time listening to you talk about the art you saw," Harry said. 

"Oh, just a little," the girl said with an airy laugh. "But I really am glad to be home. My own bed felt so good last night." 

Breakfast continued with more details of what the young couple had seen and done, Abagail's ideas for expanding the line of her hand painted jewelry and the practicality of opening her own shop or gallery. 

"I'm not so sure about that part of it," she said. "I'm not sure I'd be so good at the running of the shop. Plus it might distract me from doing the actual art. I'll have to think about it a lot." 

"Well, you certainly have time to consider it, sweetheart," Ginny said. "And you should probably talk to George and Ron about what it took them to get the stores up and running. That might give you an idea what you'd be facing." 

"Good idea." 

It was later in the day when Ginny had a chance to ask Harry about the cryptic, at least to her, 'thank you' he had received from Abagail. By the time Harry was finished explaining what had occurred, her expression was particularly somber.