Chapter 30

Chapter 30 

It was the first week of May and Harry's seventh year Applied Magic students were scheduled to turn in the results of the projects they had been working on all term. Each project was to be handed in as a formal document but they also needed to give a short presentation to a joint session of both sections of the class. As requested, Bill Weasley was to be in attendance. Professor McGonagall had also expressed an interest in attending. Harry had decided to make use of the Room of Requirements and when he walked in early to make sure all was in readiness, he found a familiar, if empty, picture frame on the wall. 

As class time approached, students grouped in their project teams began to make their way into the room. There were only two projects being conducted by individuals, the rest were teams of either two or three students. Bill walked in, a smile on his scarred face. 

"Good afternoon, Professor Potter. So good of you to invite me." 

"Good afternoon, Professor Weasley. So good of you to accept." 

The two laughed, acting, as Bill had once put it, like two overgrown students playing at being Professors. Bill took a seat towards the back of the room. The magical chamber was mostly full by the time Professor McGonagall strode in. The students began to stand up and she waved them back down. 

"No, no, stay as you were. I'm just here to observe," she said and then directed her attention to Harry. "Good afternoon, Professor. I'm looking forward to what your students have prepared." 

"So am I, ma'am. I've gotten a few hints here and there but I don't know what the final outcomes will be." 

"I hope you don't mind, Harry, but there will be several guests whom I expect at any moment," the Headmistress said. 

Harry's eyes darted to the still empty frame and then back again. 

"Yes, ma'am?" 

"Yes, Professor Dumbledore wished to be present but Professors Dragonova and Markovic also wished to attend. I got the message the other day and quite forgot to mention it to you. I trust it doesn't create an issue," she said. 

"No, ma'am, I don't think so. The students know them well enough," Harry replied. 

"Excellent. Ah, here they are now," she said. 

Into the room walked Professor Dragonova and Professor Markovic. Both were smiling widely and acknowledged waves from some of the students. As they came to stand before Harry and the Headmistress, Professor Markovic offered his hand. 

"It's wonderful to see you again, Professor Potter. I trust we find you in good health?" 

"Yes, sir, and it's good to see you as well. This is a very pleasant surprise," Harry said. 

"Surprise?" Professor Dragonova asked. 

"I'm afraid that is my fault, Professors. I forgot to inform Harry of your attendance. I do apologize," the Headmistress said. 

"Vill ve be a bother to you and your students, Harry?" Professor Dragonova asked. 

"Not at all, ma'am. We're pleased to have you here again. You can sit with Professor Weasley," Harry said as he gestured toward Bill who waved for them to join him. 

"We'll everybody," Harry began, "it looks like we are about to begin. I'd like to start by acknowledging some visitors today. We have Professor McGonagall and Professor Weasley, of course. Also, two very special guests whom I'm sure you recognize, who've returned to Hogwarts just to attend our special session. Professor Dragonova and Professor Markovic of, of..." Harry faltered and then looked at the guests, "Has a name been selected for the new school yet, Professors?"