Chapter 16

Chapter 16

A Special Message for all the loyal fans of Swissdog: 

I would like to take this time from my busy schedule preparing for the upcoming term, Quidditch camp and the work of the Tome Study Group to deliver this message. The family and I here at Meadow Crest have become increasingly concerned with the mental and physical well being of the mad genius who has taken it upon himself to chronicle my life's adventures since that momentous day when the combined forces of good defeated Tom Riddle and his gang of thugs. It has been our good fortune to have had repeated contact with the gentlemen over the years but of late we have noticed that he appears to be suffering from what can best be described as 'needing a good long kip'. He is not a young man anymore and the effort of recording the details of my life and that of my family and friends, students and colleagues, has taken its toll. As such we were compelled to act and this resulted in an intervention of sorts in the past weekend. Although at first extremely resistant, through the combined efforts of my guardian angels, my mothers and a direct threat of a visit from a certain green dragon, Swissdog has reluctantly agreed to a one week leave of absence. In addition, under no circumstances is he to be allowed near a keyboard. The only chronicle related efforts that will be permitted are those that can be done in relative seclusion with a pen and notebook. His dear companion, Maribelwho, has agreed to enforce this edict, backed by all the resources of my former colleagues at the Ministry, who have been enlisted for this purpose. The location of this week of respite is classified but we are led to believe it involves a pair of famous rodents, two dogs, and a rather vociferous duck. It is our fervent hope that this period of rest will have him back in fine fettle and ready to continue his work on my behalf. We expect his return within a fortnight of this posting. 

Very respectfully yours, 

Harry James Potter 

Professor of Magic, 

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry