Chapter 60

Chapter 60 

The morning after Harry's birthday party, he was sitting in the kitchen finishing breakfast with Ginny, the boys and Abagail. As a testament to the amount of food that had been available, and consumed, the day before, Harry only ate two servings and the second was mostly fruit. It seems Momma Weasley had been able to instill at least one healthy eating habit. As was usual when he was eating he wasn't talking much but Ginny noticed he seemed more thoughtful. 

"That was wonderful party, wasn't it, sweetheart?" she asked. 

"Yes, it was and thank you for all you did to make it so, you and Abagail. It was great having everyone around. I hope Justin Finch-Fletchley doesn't lose to much time from his job. That was a nasty crack up," Harry said. 

"Well, I don't recall him ever being much of a fliers. You have to give him credit for being so willing but he did get in over his head there," Ginny said. 

Harry could only nod and grimace a bit at the memory of watching Justin charging on one of the makeshift goals, coming in too fast and despite his best efforts to turn away he crashed into the trees and wound up in a heap at the base of a large oak. Fortunately he sustained only bruises and cuts and Susan Bones made use of the extensive supplies in the Potter house to patch him up. When she commented on the extent of their medicine cabinet Ginny indicated having Harry, two boys, and a rather accident prone godson around the place the supplies were turned over rather regularly. When Harry objected to his being mentioned Ginny simply reminded him of coming home from the Burrow with three badly skinned knuckles and a burn mark on his forearm after a session of working on the car to quiet him down. 

"And I have to say, Harry, it was a great idea having all the DA here. I hope we can keep that going." 

"Me, too. Hopefully the dinner at the Cauldron once Seamus is in town will go a long way to doing that," Harry said. 

"You know, sweetheart, I've noticed something about you," Ginny said thoughtfully. 

"Oh, really, what's that? Do I have scales showing or something?" 

"No, silly boy. I was going to say that in the last few years you've done a great deal more helping than being helped." 

"What do you mean?" he asked, a bit perplexed. 

"Well, lets face it, Harry. From the day of the last battle on, a lot of people spent a lot of time helping you get back on your feet, first physically and then emotionally. Even when you were doing all kinds of amazing things with the Ministry and the like you were still, well, so fragile. But now, it's much more likely that you're the one lending strength to someone else. I saw the way you were talking to Susan last night. She was in a much better mood when she left than when she first got here." 

Harry smiled a bit and said, 

"Well, I would hope that as I've gotten older I've grown up some. I guess that's part of it." 

"Perhaps, but I want you to be careful though. Don't take on too much and don't forget you've got us all here to help you. Alright?" she said. 

"Of course, how could I possibly think of going it alone," he replied. 

They both turned at the sound of Abagail chuckling and saw her shaking her head. Ginny looked back at Harry and said, 

"What about Lavender? I saw the look on your face when you read her note." 

"I thought I'd pay her a visit and see if we can come up with a way to help her. I have the address so I figured on going later in the week." 

Which is just what he did. On Wednesday, he made his way to Throxenby, a small hamlet on the southeastern edge of the Yorkshire moors. He had done a little checking and found that the address that had been used to deliver the invitation was on the outskirts of the hamlet, a secluded stone house. As Harry walked towards the house he noticed a sign out front that read 'Madame Levandre, Horoscopes Cast, Futures Told'. He had to smile at how she juggled her name around.