Chapter 28

Kiera's POV:

It was now midnight and Alex was asleep on the couch that was in here in the room and I was wide awake in the bed.

I just couldn't sleep. Not after the dream. I was thinking though. I shot Kaden myself and he was dead Right? There's no way he could come after me.

I decided to pull out my phone and just play some games I had downloaded. The lights in the room were off so it took a minute for my eyes to adjust to my phone light, which lit up half the room. I didn't feel like dimming the brightness though.

I heard a groan in then foot steps.

Alex then appeared sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Kiera what are you doing? It's frickin 12:30 in the morning."

"I couldn't sleep."

"Is it because of what happened earlier?"

"No. Well I guess. Maybe. I don't know."

"Kiera come on he's dead. I promise you'll be okay. Please get some sleep."

"I'm not tired though."

"You'll regret saying that in a few months when you have the baby and have to get up every hour and get no sleep whatsoever. Please just at least try?"

"Fine Alex."

"Good cause your phone is bright!"

I giggled and he smiled.

"Night Kiera."

"Night Alex."

He walked back over to the couch and laid back down.

Alex was like my older brother. I loved him and I don't know what I would do if something happened to him.

I put my phone up and laid there.

I closed my eyes trying to relax and sleep.

It actually worked. Pretty soon I was in a deep sleep.

Jason's POV:

When I woke up it was now morning. I looked on the wall at the clock to see it was 10:00 in the morning.

I tried to move a little, but I was so sore. I couldn't show it though. I wanted to go see Kiera today.

I was waiting for Greg to come in and check on me. While I was waiting I was getting bored. I couldn't do anything but lay there.

I used this time as an opportunity to honk of some baby names for mine and Kiera's baby. I got interrupted though when I heard the door open.

"Jason how are you feeling?"

My voice was hoarse, but I managed to say,"Fine."

My breathing must have been fine, because Greg took the oxygen mask off of me.

"You still wanting to see Kiera?"

"Please." I felt a lump in my throat.

Greg grabbed a wheelchair and brought it next to the bed. He then helped me sit up. I hissed at the pain from my side and where I had gotten shot.

"You sure Jason?"

I looked at Greg in the eyes. "She needs me."

He just nodded and helped me into the wheelchair.

I sat down and the pain wasn't easing up it was getting worse, but I made it this far I can do this.

We started to head to Kiera's room.