Chapter 27

Jason's POV:

My eyes shot open and I gasped trying to catch my breath. I felt Greg push on my chest one more time for CPR.

I had shooting pains all over my body. I don't know why though. I mean I had only gotten shot in my left shoulder area.

Greg's hands quickly left my chest and placed an oxygen mask on my face. It really didn't help the pain nor my breathing situation though.

"Jason I need you to try to calm down and breathe normal."

I faintly heard Greg. Wait I heard Greg and I'm breathing. I'm okay now! I'm alive again.

I felt sleep come on, but I fought it. I didn't want to fall asleep because I knew there wouldn't be a good outcome. I had to fight if I wanted to keep my life and help Kiera raise the baby.

Kiera.

"Kieraaa." I groaned dragging out her name.

I could tell Greg had a hard time understanding what I was saying.

I felt a cold draft in then I felt Greg cutting my shirt off my body. I just had my sweatpants on now.

My breathing was a little better, but the pain was excruciating!

I started to groan from the pain and I felt a little sweat start to come one. "Greg-" I couldn't finish saying what I was going to say because I started coughing. That killed my chest.

"Jason don't talk." Greg was being stern and I could tell he was rushing.

My vision was starting to blur. I could still make out the outline of Greg though.

Greg lifted his hand up for a minute to grab something and his whole hand was covered in blood.

Was I really bleeding that much?

I then saw him take out the bullets. Wait bulletS? As in more then one?

I felt the cold needle touch my skin as he began to stitch the hole up. I felt the cold rag he used to clean it up and the gauze he used to wrap it with

I turned my attention back staring at the ceiling.

I then saw Greg hold a light over my eyes. What's going on? I want answers.

"I need to check on Kiera." It was still a groan and mumble mix so you could still barely be able to make out the words. I breathed heavily at the end of that sentence trying to catch my breath.

"Jason she's okay. She's in the other room."

I remember before I blacked out that she didn't look to good. I couldn't tell if it was physically or mentally, but my baby girl was miserable and she wanted me.

I moved my right hand a little trying to give all the strength I had and reach to take the oxygen mask off so I could go check on Kiera.

Greg noticed and pushed my arm back down to the bed.

"Kiera....." I mumbled her name. My eyes were feeling heavier and heavier by the second.

"ALEX!" I heard Greg yelling for my brother Alex.

I heard the door open and close, then I see Alex stand next to my bed on the opposite side then the side Greg is on.

"What's wrong?"

Greg and Alex were talking now and I felt a sharp pain run from my chest to every nerve in my body. I jumped a little and gasped at the pain.

"Keep Jason's attention towards you and keep him awake."