Chapter 23-Stand Together.

Seeing Emma's body reminds me of true pain.

Thankfully no one had removed her from the middle of the battle, and seriously no one moved her during this battle?

I force the tears to remain inside.

My team cannot see me cry.

I choose to conceal.

The battle is worse than when Steve and I left.

Hill, Fury, and Ward have been separated, although Stephen is up and fighting...barely.

Natasha, even with her huge stomach, and Clint battle side by side, no surprise there.

Peter shields Beka, who is now passed out on the ground.

While Thor, Iron Man and the Hulk manage to destroy everything in their paths...except for the ninjas' in white that jump around like fleas.

"It's about time you two got back in here!" Fury shouts at Steve and I.

"Where's Derrick and Rae?" Natasha asks.

Well apparently Derrick got away.

"Rae is knocked out...." Please excuse me while I take down a ninja, "over there! And Derrick made a quick escape!"

"What? We cannot afford to lose him now!" Tony yells in his Iron Man mask.

"Just be grateful I took down the accomplice," I say.

By the time I look at Steve he has eliminated over fifteen ninjas'.

"Show off," I say as another goon comes after me.

"Still mad at me?" Steve questions.

Fighting back to back I answer,

"Ya think?"

"You didn't act that way earlier," he replies.

"Yeah well don't judge a book by it's...cover!" I yell.

Steve pauses,

"Is that the same as...."

"We do not have time for analogies, Steve!" I say.

"Good to know," Steve says.

"How many ninjas' are in this place?" Iron Man asks.

"Ten-thousand," a woman says, "and counting."

The fighting immediately stops.

"Tara?" I ask.

Tara stands at the door, clipboard in hand followed by Trent and Kyle.

"You should leave...now," Tara says, "Derrick will not return until you vacate the property."

"Why not just set off self destruct?" Stephen asks panting, "I mean, now that we know his hideout. Most villains would set off self destruct."

Tara laughs,

"He values this place to highly."

"But he knows we will return," I say.

"Most deffinetly. But he will...relocate as well. Of course telling you where we will transfer would be treason. So I will let you off with a warning. Derrick Daniels is not a man to be trifled with. Leave while you still have the chance," Tara says strictly, "and he is not a villain."

"We are just leaving," Fury says.

"Good. Feel free to take Charles with you. We Furtive do not...prefer her of our master, Derrick," Tara smiles.