Chapter 4-The Fantastic...one?

Yeah yeah I know I'm posting today. But when have I ever followed my own posting schedule? Exactly my point. Lol.

-AnnaBeth.

Chapter 4-The Fantastic...one?

"It's seems that Romanoff's kidnapper left behind an import piece of evidence," Fury says holding out the item Peter and Derrick recovered.

"That's a glove," Beka states, "Fury, that is a glove!"

"It's not just any glove, Agent Johnston," Fury says handing the glove to Tony, "Mr.Stark, please demonstrate our find."

Tony slips the glove on,

"It's an Electric-pulse magnetizer, which in theory allows whoever is in control of this weapon to kill with the push of a button. The glove releases pulses when activated, firing electricity."

"English please," I say crossing my arms, "not all of us are, genius, millionaires who know science."

Tony sighs,

"Glove makes electricity."

"Ohhh!" The whole group says.

"Sort of like Christy's powers," Steve says beside me.

"Yes. Exactly. Only, you don't have to be angry to use it. No offense, Christy," Tony says.

"None taken," I say slowly, "I've already been classified as a mutant, freak, and who knows what else," I think to myself.

"So what are you trying to say?, Stark" Clint asks.

"I'm saying that whoever our kidnapper is, he..."

"Or she," Simmons says.

"Or she..." Tony corrects himself, "possibly knows about Christy's powers."

"We were in the battle of New York together," Steve says.

"Twice," Fitz points out, "I saw you on television the second time."

"Television. The kid has a point," Hill says.

"Christy's powers are as seen on TV," Peter says.

"Just hush, Parker," Beka says.

"Is that all?" Hill asks.

"Yes. You are dismissed. Except for Clint, Steve, and Christy," Fury says, "the rest of you begin preparing for Reed Richards."

"Wait, Reed Richards, Mr.Fantastic is coming here?" Emma asks.

"How exciting!" Simmons says.

"Yes. You may go," Fury says.

"Myself included, sir?" Agent Hill asks.

"Afraid so," Fury replies.

"Yes, sir."

Hill, FitzSimmons, Emma, Peter, and Beka dash out of Fury's office. Leaving Clint, Steve, Fury, and myself.

Fury walks around his desk and sits on his leather chair, motioning Clint, Steve, and I to take the three chairs directly in front of his desk. We gladly sit.

That's when I realize Derrick hasn't left. Fury notices my confusion almost immediately.

"That glove wasn't the only thing found at Stark Towers," Fury says, "Agent Derrick found a very interesting lead that you, Barton, may be interested in."

"What do you mean?" Clint asks.

"I was in charge of searching the upper levels of Stark Towers, Peter the lower. Truthfully, I didn't trust Peter up stairs," Derrick explains as he stands beside Fury, "I found a yellow folder lying in the living room. but what was more surprising was the slip of paper I found inside the folder."