Chapter 18-The Whole Truth?

A/N: not my longest chapter but an important one:)

***********************************

Chapter 18-The Whole Truth?

"You think this is funny?" I ask a grinning Steve.

"May...maybe," Steve says.

"This is not funny, Steve. You almost shot me," I say.

"I would never shoot you," Steve frowns.

"Oh really?" I ask scooting farther away (if that is possible in a helicopter...) from Steve, "Says the man who tricked S.H.I.E.L.D and oh yeah the rest of us!"

Steve scoffs,
"I did not trick you..."

"Sure. Sure! Think about it, Steve!" I yell.

"Look, Christy, I can explain..."

"You better start explaining, Rodgers," I interrupt him.

"Fine I will," Steve says.

"Do you two...need a moment?" Beka asks.

"No!" I jeer, "Plus, where would we talk. We are fifty maybe sixty feet over New York City."

"Good point," Beka nods.

"So...start the 'story'," I say crossing my arms protectively.

"It is true. Agents' May, Hollie, Stark, and I were working together from the beginning...well not Stark..." Steve says.

"Hold up! When did Tony enter this mess?" I ask, "and when did he join our rebellion?"

"The day of your escape," Steve says, "he discovered our plan right after you left and believed our cause."

That is why Stark did not attack us back with S.H.I.E.L.D.

I run a hand through my hair,
"Okay what about..."

"Do you want me to tell the story?" Steve asks harshly.

"Yes...."

"Then withhold questions till the end," Steve says.

"Fine," I reply.

"You know you two act just like each other," Peter says.

I death glare Peter.

"Not the best moment?" Peter asks.

"Work on your timing, Parker," I say.

"As I was explaining " Steve says making me scoff, "yes, I have been in constant contact with the other Agents...S.H.I.E.L.D actually. Agent May came up with the plan to tell S.H.I.E.L.D about your first escape."

"Fury knew the whole time?" I ask.

Steve raises his eyebrows.

"Sorry," I mutter half heartedly.

"Yes. Fury and all of S.H.I.E.L.D knew I was busting you out of your cage the first time," Steve says.

"I'm sorry, all of S.H.I.E.L.D?" Beka questions a little to snobby for my taste.

"Most of S.H.I.E.L.D. Obviously no one else on this ship knew about the plan," Steve says.

"Explain this plan," Thor says.

"The idea was to make S.H.I.E.L.D think May, Hollie, and I were loyal. So May submitted the idea of a 'break-out' to Fury who gladly agreed. He though you would take us directly to Natasha," Steve says, "of course we knew otherwise."