EIGHTEEN

(The official song for this chapter is Too Good by Troye Sivan.If you listen to this quietly in the background it makes the chapter that much better. ((you can find it on YouTube or iTunes, so yeah, no excuses.)) I'll tell you guys when to start playing the music - if you choose to do so - with a little purple heart 💜! Enjoy!)

Harry buried his head in his pillow, his dark locks still dripping from the shower he just took. He should've let Draco kiss him. Why didn't he let Draco kiss him? He had wanted to kiss Draco, so why didn't he? Him 'not having time' was bullshit. So why didn't he?

These questions haunted Harry the whole day. They followed him through the halls, floating around inside his head like strange unanswered clouds. He knew that somewhere deep deep down, he had the answer. It was, after all, an action that he had complete control over and decided to do, so there must be some reasoning behind it. Right

Was it that he genuinely didn't want to kiss Draco? No, definitely not. Was he scared? Yeah, but that never stopped him from doing things before. But this was nothing like Harry had ever encountered before. This was something new, and something odd, and something anomalous, and something lovely. It was confusing. Maybe that was it. Harry was just confused. 

He had been very confused at the moment. A million things had been rushing through his head and They were both sopping wet from the lake and Draco's eyes shone and his robes stuck to him because of the water, but he was Draco. The same Draco that had tormented him for years. The same Draco that'd allowed his friend to be tortured by Bellatrix. The same Draco that'd made fun of the Wesley's for ages. 

The same Draco that'd cried over the phone to him. The Draco that'd looked him in the eyes and lied to a room full of Death Eaters to save his life. The same Draco that'd apologized for everything. And he'd been standing right in front of him, and fuck, Harry had been confused. But he wasn't anymore.

Now he knew with the knowledge of the wisest and smartest man on earth that he wanted to kiss that boy. And now he'd ruined his chance.

What if Draco didn't want to kiss him anymore? What if he hated him? 

Even worse, what if he didn't like him anymore? 

Now instead of the questions tumbling around his head all day, there were doubts about what Draco felt anymore. Why was this all so confusing? 

He came back to the common room instead of eating lunch that day. He felt that if he took a bite of anything he'd just throw it right back up, thanks to the butterflies in his stomach. Ron and Hermione must've noticed that he'd gone to the common room because after only ten minutes of contemplating his life choices on the couch in front of the fire, he felt two people weighing down the cushions on either side of him. He didn't have to look to know who it was.

"Hi Hermione, Ron." Any hope of them not picking up on his baffled mood went out the window when he spoke. No one sounded that droopy and wasn't sad or confused. 

"I brought you a croissant and some treacle tart." Ron handed him the pastries not neatly folded into a napkin. He could practically feel Hermione roller eyes as she said "Yes, well I brought you actually balanced meal of some salad and a goblet of pumpkin juice." She shoved a plate onto Harrys lap.

"You have to eat Harry, missing one meal over heart break leads to missing many meals over heart break." Hermione recited it like it was some sort of rhyme that her parents had told her when she was little. 

"I'm not heart broken!" Harry recoiled defensively. "What do you guys think happened ?!" He looked up at Ron and Hermione.

"Well you haven't exactly given us much to go off of, have you. It's not like you talk to us anymore." She stood up, crossing her arms. Hermione was usually put together and not upset by anything, so it was strange for Harry to see her look grumpy and melancholy. Ron stood up and placed a hand on her shoulder. Harry looked at him expectantly, waiting for him to tell his girlfriend that she was over reacting. He looked back and forth between the two of them, as if battling on who's side to chose in his head. Harry wanted to tell him that he didn't have to pick a side, just tell the truth. But he seemed to get that message already, as what he said next sounded pretty truthful.