Masquerade Part 3

"What are you talking about?" Derek asked me while I sighed and flicked my hair back. 

"How about this." I smirked. I stood up and walked over to him, wrapping my arms around his torso and resting my chin on his shoulder. "You can ask me a question, then i'll ask you a question. How's that work out for you big guy?" 

Derek seemed to agree silently while I smirked and went back to sitting with my legs crossed on the couch. I jestered with my hand for him to ask away. Let's see what silly questions he has for me. 

"Who are you?" 

I laughed while shaking my head. "Oh, I'm not telling you. That'll ruin all the fun if you know. But i'll give you another one, just because I like you" I grinned while he rolled his eyes but took the offer anyways.

"What do you want with me?"

"You have something that interest me. " I smirked while picking up another chess piece and messing with it. I brought out my claws as I started craving something into it. "It's come to my attention that you can answer some questions I have..The first being about my family...and why they were killed." 

"I'm sorry.." Wow, Derek sounded sympathidic. "I know what it's like to loose your family..I lost all mine too..I'm the last one.." 

My face softened as I looked over at him with a slight frown. "I'm sorry.. "

"dont' act like you care." 

"Oh but I do..Your family were great people..I am sorry for your loss." I said while sighing. "All I want is to find out who killed my family and why...so i can move on with my life..I have somebody waiting for me...And I don't think they're going to wait forever.." 

"You know...if you're lucky enough to find..an anchor..You should be grateful..You shouldn't let something like anger..and revenge..blind you from that.." Derek told me while looking over at me. "If you want to be happy, be happy....What is this person to you anyways? Why is it so imporant for you to finish your revenge..?" 

"Because...this person..makes me glad that I didn't die along with my parents..As awful as it sounds..If i had died with them then I wouldn't of met him...So yeah..I kind of just want this to be done with so I can move on.." I breathed out. 

Dammit, how did he manage to get me to let my guard down? 

"Then go..go and be happy..Not everyone has to be unhappy you know..If this person makes you happy, then go be happy with them.." Derek told me while suddenly, a thought popped into my head.

I couldn't help but laugh a little while turning the chess piece in my hand towards him, showing him that I carved his name into it. "You think a couple of choice words can change my mind?" I smirked while I crushed the chess piece in my hand and let the crumbled pieces fall on the coffee table.

Next thing I knew, I was being tossed into the book case. I groaned as the books fell on me, but I bared my claws at him, growling at him.

"Now tell me who you are." Derek demanded. "Or i will kill you."

"You can't kill me." I smirked. "I'm an Alpha." I laughed before growling and showing my red eyes.

To say Derek looked surprised, was an understatement. He looked at me for a split second until I grabbed him by the arm and tossed him towards the wall.

"Don't fuck with an Alpha."

Was all I said before walking away and closing the doors behind me.

"Savannah?" Scott said with a sleepy voice while rubbing his eyes. "What are you doing here? It's 2 in the morning.." Scott groaned while I let out a small smile. 

"Can I come in..?" I asked, my voice cracking slightly.

"Yeah, what's wrong..?" Scott asked me while I took off my heels, and carried them in my hand before taking a seat at his kitchen table. I stood quiet while watching as he warmed me up some tea. 

"Thanks.." I mumbled while taking a few sips. I took a deep breath while looking down at my cup. 

"So did you get your answers from Derek..?" Scott asked me. 

"He doesn't know anything...You were right...Peter lied.." I said quietly while messing with my tea. 

"Im sorry.." 

"You were right about a lot of things.." I admitted quietly. "I should've just left this whole revenge thing alone from the moment I realized I actually really cared about Stiles..." I bit my bottom lip while looking up at him. "Do you want to know what I almost did tonight..?" 

Scott stayed quiet but nodded his head for me to continue. "I really thought about killing Derek...because I thought he knew something about what happened to my family.." 

"So why didn't you..? By the lack of blood on you..im assuming that he is alive still." 

"Yeah." I laughed slighlty. "He said something...about finding an anchor and...about not letting anger and revenge...keep you from being happy..While I was getting ready, running the plan through my head on how to kill him, I caught myself in a moment...I didn't know who I was...I didn't want to be that person..and I didn't want to let down Stiles...I mean...He's the only reason I ever feel like I can be...good..." 

"You are good." Scott reassured me while reaching over the table to grab a hold of my hand. "Good people make bad choices sometimes too." 

I sighed. "I'm sorry about hitting you in the face.." I laughed. 

"It's okay, we're even from when i kissed you.." Scott laughed while I nodded my head.

"So now what are you going to do..? "Scott asked me. 

"I think...I think i'm going to go tell Stiles that I like him...and I want to be with him.." I smiled like an idiot. 

"Good..But maybe you should wait until morning..I mean it is only 2 am." Scott laughed while I nodded my head. 

"Yeah, you're probably right..' I laughed. "But i dont think he'll ever forgive me for hurting him..." I felt my tears filling up my eyes before I took a couple of deep breaths to keep them at bay. 

"Stiles doesn't care...all he cares about is you..He wants to be with you as much as you want to be with him..So don't worry.." Scott smiled. "Two people who are meant to be together...always find a way back.." He trailed off and I knew we weren't talking about me and Stiles anymore.

"Allison will come around...just be honest with her..She's a lot tougher than you think.." I smiled over at Scott. 

"Just like Stiles." 

I laughed while shaking my head. "I don't think i'll ever tell Stiles...at least not for a long time..he'd hate me because he told me that he loved the fact that I was still normal...so...I think it'll be best to keep it at one secret at a time.." I smiled lightly before wondering how on earth this whole 'being honest about your feelings' thing was going to work.. 

But i knew my feelings were real because...I felt something inside of me..that i hadn't felt with anyone else before..never.. Just the thought of finally being able to be with Stiles was... unlike any other. He might not see himself the way I see him, which is the most kind, brave, best person ever.. 

He risks his life everyday for Scott.. which really says something. 

It shows that he's a hero..just the way he is... He's also..

my anchor..

I smiled to myself while thinking about it.

Yeah, Stiles was my anchor.