For The Best?

Scott pulled away and gave me a smile. But that soon faded a little. "If you're not the alpha we're looking for...then who? 

"I don't know..and we need to find out soon because if this keeps happening, then there's no telling what'll happen.."

"Wait, why can't we tell Stiles? I mean, he can help." Scott tried arguing while I quickly shook my head, standing up and walking over to him.

"It's too dangerous for Stiles to know. If he finds out, he'll hate me forever..He said he was glad that I was still normal, that he's glad i'm the only normal thing in his life right now..If he finds out..it'll hurt him so much more than not knowing.."

"But you care about him..why not tell him..? He can help and you guys can be together"

"Because me and Stiles..we can't be together.."

Scott looked at me confused before asking why.

"You don't get it do you? Being with Stiles would put him in danger..i mean as soon as someone finds about me, whether it be the Alpha or someone else than they'll use Stiles to try and get to me or you..Being with him makes me..reckless. I-I can't protect him the way I want and if we're together I won't be able to keep him safe..My feelings for him cloud my judgement, they make me weak and reckless and I need to focus everything I have on keeping him safe. Cause if I don't..if we were together and I was caught off guard, if I didn't see a threat coming because i was so distracted by my feelings for him..he'd die. I cant let that happen.."

"Stiles means more to me than anything; I care about his feelings more than mine..All I want more in this entire world, more than avenging my parents even..is for Stiles to be happy, all I want is for him to be happy. And if I want that for him, I can't be with him because he could never be happy with me the way he deserves." 

"You don't know that. Stiles and you can be so happy tog..-" Scott tried telling me but i quickly cut him off. 

"..-you don't get it, Scott! I know he can't be happy with me because how on earth could I make him happy if..-if I can't even make myself happy..My entire life for the past nine or ten years has been ruled by the pain of being a werewolf, it's been ruled by the pain of my parents deaths..I can't be happy until I finish what I started..and I can't make anyone happy." I snapped, looking at Scott with wide eyes. I felt a pain in my chest as I felt a tear escape my eye. I quickly wiped it away before taking a deep breath. "I'm sorry for yelling but..it's true. As weird as it sounds if I want him to be happy then I can't be with him, I have to let him go to give him his best chance.." 

"Why?" Scott asked curious.

"because if you care about someone, you put their well being before your own, you put their feelings above your own..all I want more than anything in the world is for Stiles to be safe, to be happy and the only way that can happen is if we're not together...." I sighed while running a hand through my hair. 

 "That makes no sense, if you care about him like i know you do then you'll find some way to be with him..Walking away doesn't help at all.." Scott told me while I sighed. 

"Sometimes walking away is the right thing to do...If walking away, keeping my distance and letting him find happiness with someone else..it's a small price that I would gladly pay a thousand times over. If i want him to be happy, I have to give him his best chance and the sad fact of the matter is..his best chance is not with me. Scott, all I want is for him to be happy and have his best chance..it's like with you and Allison."

"sometimes people like you and I can't be with the person who makes us feel human..Sometimes being a werewolf isn't only about being a slave to the moon, sometimes it's about being a slave to your heart. We feel things more strongly than any human can possibly feel, which means sometimes we let out emotions cloud our judgement..Believe me when I say that sometimes it can be real difficult to stay than walk away. If I had walked away, maybe most of the people I lost would still be here.." I sighed sadly, looking over at Scott.