Chapter Twenty Seven~

"Aghhh! You guys are so darn cute!" We pull back from each other as Ethan runs into the living room.

I raise my brows. Ethan throws his arms around the both of us.

" I know this is weird to hug my boss, but I can't help it. I'm just so happy!" He exclaims as he squeezes me and Aiden in his arms. I giggle.

"How long were you there?" I ask him as I peel his arms off of us. Aiden stands straight and brushes off his shirt.

"Well um," Ethan looks away for a moment, " The whole time." He shrugs. I roll my eyes but a laugh falls from my lips. Ethan's next words take both Aiden and I by surprise.

"So when is the wedding?" Ethan gushes. My eyes flare.

"What?" I ask nervously.

"Excuse me?" Aiden asks confused.

"You are in love, your having a baby, you need to get married." Ethan lists the reasons. I look back at Aiden. I guess I never thought about us getting married. Aiden doesn't say anything after that. I'm pretty sure Ethan ruined the moment. Do I want to be married before I have this baby? Yes, but am I ready to marry Aiden? I honestly don't know.

After a while of awkward silence Aiden speaks up,"It's late and I'd better let you get some rest. Take care of her will you?" Aiden turns to Ethan. Ethan boss in response. Aiden places a brief kiss on my cheeks and I blink.

"Night." With that he leaves me. He actually just left me. My shoulders fall in disappointment. Aiden doesn't want to marry me. The way his face changed showed it. He isn't ready. He probably isn't ready for this any either. I knew I could never be happy.

"Hey babe; lose the frown." Ethan's voice brings me back into reality. I look at him and my lip quivers a little.

"Aww don't cry!" Ethan grabs my arms.

"He doesn't want to marry me." I whisper.

"Yes he does, I can tell." Ethan argues with me. I shake my head and sigh.

"Just when I thought I was happy, when I thought we were happy." I mumble disappointed.

~~~ 7 weeks later

"He still loves you." Mel interjects as me her and Ethan cuddle up on my couch.

"I know." I reply. I know Aiden does love me but since that night, he's been kind of distant. I place my hands on my now growing baby bump and rub it slightly.

"Still don't know the gender?" Ethan asks changing the subject. I shake my head. I look down at my belly.

"We have an appointment tomorrow. Aiden is supposed to come. We're having the doctor write down the gender and I'll give it to someone-" Mel cuts me off.

"Oh, can I please throw you a gender reveal party!" Nel is off the couch and practically begging at my feet. I wince from outburst but nod.

"Sure, I'm flying my family down too." I tell her. She smiles big.

"Great!" She looks so happy.

~~~

"Come on Aiden." I open his car door and hurry inside. I glance behind me and see he is just getting out of the car. I groan and walk through the front doors.

"I have an appointment." I say to the lady at the front desk. I give her my information and pick a seat to wait. Aiden comes in and finds me.

"Alison Kane?" My name is sounded a few minutes later and we walk into the small room. I am asked a few questions before the lady rubs some gel on my bump. I glance over and see Aiden watching the screen. I grin is settled on his face. His eyes are bright and wide. I grab his hand before looking at the screen myself.