Chapter Twenty Two~

I still need to call Aiden and ask him to join me for dinner. I've decided that I'll make some dinner and invite him over. I grab my phone and tap his contact.

It rings a couple of times before his voice fills my ears. 

"Hey." I smile small.

"Hey." I reply.

"I was wondering if you'd like to come over for dinner tonight? I want to talk." I ask him, hoping he'll agree.

"I'm sorry Alison, I already have plans." Hearing this makes me feel disappointed? Yeah, disappointed. My face falls.

"I'm sorry Ali; but I'm having dinner with an old pal." He does sound sincere I suppose. Though I let my mind wander who this "old pal" is. I eventually shrug. It's none of my business.

"Alright, well maybe another night." I suggest.

"Sounds good. I have to go; I'll talk to you later." Aiden says goodbye.

"Bye." With that he hangs up.  I sigh and sit my phone down on my coffee table and slide my feet off the couch. Fallon lifts her head from my lap and I place my palm on the top of her head. I pet her and as Paisley sees this she comes walking over, jealous of course. I giggle as she places her feet on my knees. I roll my eyes but pet her too. After sitting with them I decide to grab a shower before heading to bed.

After my shower I lay in my bed thinking about Aiden. Ughh I never thought I'd be a twenty seven year old who lays in her bed at night worrying about a guy. I haven't done that since I was with Aiden back in school. 

~~~

Two weeks Later 

Aiden and I still haven't had dinner. Something always comes up before I can even get a chance to ask him, also both of us have been caught up in Andy's case. We had the first court session this previous thursday.  As I sit behind my desk a sudden wave of nausea hits me; bringing me out of my thoughts. I swallow and bite my tongue; hoping it will go away. It doesn't. Gosh I've only been here, I glance at my clock, it's 7:30am so I've been here for about and hour and a half. It disappears for a moment before returning stronger. Oh I think I'm going to puke. I push my chair away from my desk so fast that it hits the wall. I'm over to my door in about three seconds and I pull it open with a great force. I practically run past Nikki and I notice the look she throws my way. Some of my coworkers give me weird glances but Ignore them. 

When I reach the bathroom I throw open the first stall and empty my breakfast into the toilet. I groan once I'm done, well I thought I was done. I bend back over and continue to puke. Once I'm finally done I wipe my mouth and rinse my mouth out in the sink. Not the best place to do that but I don't want my mouth to smell like barf. Finally I head back to my office. I collect my things before heading to Aiden's office. I knock and wait for him to reply. When I here a muffled "come in" I walk in.

"Hey, you don't look to hot Ali." Aiden comments as I near his desk. I raise my eyebrows slightly.

"I don't feel it either." I mutter. A look of concern crosses his face.

"Are you alright?" He asks me. Clearly worried about my well being. I shrug.

"I'm not sure; just a little nauseous that's all. It will probably pass." I try to get him to drop it. Knowing him he'll probably want to send me home. He nods his head slightly.

"Well maybe you should head home and get some rest." Aiden suggest. I shake my head.

"No, I'm fine." I argue but Aiden isn't buying it.

"Alison, go home." He insists. I shake my head again.

"I have work. I have clients." I start to name my reasons for staying but her shushes me.

"Go home now or I'll drive you." I roll my eyes and scoff.

"Aiden, I'm at work I can't just leave." I explain to him. He smirks.

"But I'm your boss. I'm in charge." He has me now. I groan but realize I have to listen.

"Whatever, but can you please come over for dinner tonight?" I ask and I'm surprised when he agrees. Finally we can talk.

"Now go!" He urges me. I roll my eyes but leave.

~~~

That night

Something feels off. My body feels different. I feel off. 

As my doorbell rings I am brought back into reality. I sigh and place the last bit of silverware on the table beside Aiden's plate. I dim the lights a little and hurry to open the door. When I open the door Aiden flashes me a gorgeous smile before leaning in for a kiss.

"Come in." I smile up at him as he walks in.

"Dinner is on the table." I tell him as I start walking with him following me. He looks surprised as looks at the meal I prepared.

"I didn't know you could cook Ali." I smile. There's a lot you don't know about me Aiden. 

"Yeah well I can." I laugh a little. We sit down. After eating for a bit and chatting I decide to tell him.

"Aiden, I was going to tell you something a couple weeks ago after we had slept together. I wanted to tell you that," I stop for a moment. He nods showing that he's listening to me, "Well I still love you Aiden." I tell him and his eyes flare. Well he isn't saying anything so that must be bad. Oh gosh does he not love me? Oh here we go over thinking again. Ugh.

"I love you too Alison." My eyes widen and I look back at him. He loves me too? I break into a smile. I remember the young me held so much hatred for him but now, I just need him in my life. He is everything to me. I can't believe it. I love Aiden Parker, Again...

~~~~

I wake up feeling the urge to puke. I throw my covers off and rush to my bathroom. I start coughing and hold my head over the toilet. A minute later I feel Aiden come into the room. I singal with my hand for him to go away but he only comes closer. One of his large hands rubs my back soothingly, while the other scoops up my hair holding it back for me. Once I'm done I stand at my sink. As I look in the mirror I see the look on Aiden's face and I know what he is thinking. I'm thinking it too.

I grab my toothbrush and mouthwash to rid the nasty smell from my mouth. Once I'm done I turn to face Aiden.

"Alison, what is wrong with you." I know he has an Idea because I have the same one. I give him a look of worry. This isn't how I wanted things to turn out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So.... Thoughts and Opinions???

Comment please and tell me.

Love you all and comment more questions for my Q&A on my new youtube channel. I loved some of the ones you already asked me.

Don't forget to COMMENT and VOTE!!

LOVE YOU ALL!! <3