Chapter Four~

"So Mr. Hottie stopped by your office this morning." My assistant, Nikki, says as she wiggles her eyebrows. I arch my brow. What is she talking about? She leans agaisnt my door while holding a small binder.

"I'm sorry?" I ask her as I flip through my files on Julia Meadows. She scoffs.

"Mr. Parker, our new boss. AKA Mr. Hottie." She explains while biting her lip. I roll my eyes and scoff this time. I glance back up at her.

"You don't want someone like him." I warn Nikki. She rolls her eyes this time. She shakes her head with a sly smile.

"Oh I know what I want and trust me he is what I want." She says seductively. I resist the urge to barf as she says that. I close my files.

"Okay, I warned you though." I mutter annoyed with her. I stand up and walk over to her, my heels clicking against the tiled floor. I stop in front of her and hand her the files in my hands. She huffs and takes them from my hands. I fake a smile and open the door.

"Get back to work Nikki, and stop making googly eyes at my boss." I tell her with a smirk. She glares at me before stomping over to her small cubicle. I sigh and shut my door. I walk behind my desk and look out the windows. I crack them slightly and smile small when I feel the light breeze on my face.

Even though Aiden is technically Nikki's boss as well, but I hired her so I can fire her anytime I want. When I first fired her she was a total suck up and I hated it, now a year later she is no longer a suck up, but a nosy little girl. I close my windows and slide into my office chair.

I scoot my chair in and pull out my phone. I look at my calendar. I have a conference with Mrs. Meadows tomorrow at 1pm, and then one with her and her husband Next week on the 17th. I jump a little when My phone starts ringing. I press answer and press the phone to my ear.

'Hello?' I answer the phone in a polite tone.

"Alison!" Lilly exclaims into the phone. I pull the phone away from her loud voice. Once she is calm I reply.

"Aunt Lilly." I chuckle into the phone.

"How are you love?" Lilly asks me as she always does when she calls.

"Same old same old. Work and clients." I mutter tiredly. I hear her sigh.

"Honey when is the last time you took a break and relaxed?" She asks me. I shrug knowing she can't see me.

"I'm not sure." I sigh heavily.

"Well good because this weekend you are going to a spa resort with Hailey and Kelsey." She shrieks. Once again I pull my phone away. What is she talking about? Kelsey is in Washington with her Family, and Haley is with her Fiance, Jay.

"Huh? What are you going on about?" I ask my aunt confused. She laughs.

"Oh honey I booked an appointment for you girls this weekend, Kelsey is going to drive down she was on her way last time I talked to her, and Hailey is taking a flight this afternoon." Lilly explains. Where does this woman get her ideas. I am very busy woman how did she know I was going to be available?

"Why?" I ask her.

"You all never see each other anymore. Plus you need some time to relax." Lilly says. I shake my head.

"Just promise me you'll go." She says to me. I sigh and answer a couple seconds later.

"Fine." I give in.

"Great, now I have to get back to work." She tells me, "I love you!" She ends the call. I lay down my phone. So I have a day until this 'trip' I look at the time and see it's noon. I push my chair back and walk to my office door. I open it and walk into the main office. I brush past my busy co-workers as I walk to Ethan's office after knocking. I smile at him and he looks up from his computer.

"Lunch?" I ask and his stomach growls.

"Hell yes." He says as he closes his computer. I giggle and he grabs his jacket. He walks past me and I follow him. We walk past Aiden's office and I see Nikki leaning over his desk, showing off her cleaver as it practically bulges out of her right shirt. I roll my eyes and continue walking to the Elevators.

"She is acting like a slut." Ethan comments as we step into the elevator. I briefly raise my eyebrows and purse my lips.

"Yep." I agree. We stand in the elevator for a minute until it is in the main floor. We step out and pass the busy business men. As we walk outside Ethan looks around.

"Chinese?" He asks me as his stomach rumbles for the second time. I laugh and nod. There is a small Chinese restaurant right around the corner. We start the short walk, talking about Aiden and Nikki.

"You know I'll bet you she will sleep with him before the week is over." Ethan says as we near te restaurant. I laugh.

"Try before the day is over." I mutter and He chuckles. I grab the small metal door knob and pull it open. I step inside the small restaurant, and I am met with the yummy smell. I sniff the air as well as Ethan as we approach the counter. We order out food and sit down near the door.

"Why do you even have her as your assistant?" Ethan asks me as we begin to eat our food. I shrug.

"I don't know, she is good at organizing things." I tell him. His eyes light up at me and a small chuckle makes its way out of his lips. He is rather good looking. His brown hair that falls over his forehead and his bright green eyes. He has tan skin and his tall. You know when I first met Ethan I wished he wasn't gay because I sure would've loved to sleep with him. Now we are just best friends.

"You know I don't blame her for that bling he is hot. He comments. I roll my eyes and curl my lips up.

"Eww, that is my ex." I tell him. He nods.

"I know but he is still hot." Ethan comments. I roll my eyes but a giggle makes it way out of my lips. Ethan raise his eyebrows with a smile. 

"There you go." Ethan chuckles. I shake my head with a small smile. I finish the last bit of my food. Once I am done I throw my trash away and return to Ethan and I's table. Ethan soon finishes and we head back to work.

"Can you do me a favor " I ask him as we walk down the sidewalk. He raises his brow.

"Sure doll, what do you need?" He asks me.

"Will you feed Paisley and Fallon for me this weekend?" I ask him. I need someone to take care of them when I am at the resort, "I am going out with family." I explain. He looks as if he is thinking it over. He nods as we near our office building.

"Of course." He nods. We walk into our building and to the elevators. I gave him a key two months ago. I don't know why I did I just felt like i should. He is one of my best friends so. We arrive on our floor. Ethan waves a small goodbye before leaving to his office and I to mine. As I open my door I glance back at Nikki and see her leaning over Aidens desk once again. I scoff and call out to her.

"Nikki, my office now!" I say as I walk into my office, leaving the door slightly cracked. I glance through and see Aiden watching me. Nikki walks in with a glare on her face. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So I meant to post this last night but my internet wasn't working so I apologize.

Thoughts and opinions?

Don't forget to COMMENT and VOTE!

Love you all!!