Chapter Eighteen~

"Are you ready for lunch Miss Kane?" Aiden's voice brings me to reality. I sit my pen down on my desk and close the files I was working on. This morning Aiden insisted that I join him for lunch. At first I didn't really want to go with him, but after all he is my boss. Pushing my chair away I send him a small smile, faked of course.

"Let's go Mr. Parker." I say as I pass him, "Shut my door, will you." Aiden complies to my wishes. Once my office door is shut he joins me as I stand in front of Nikki's cubicle.

"We are heading to lunch, take note of any calls as usual." My voice is strict and clear. Nikki looks up from her desk and takes in mine and Aiden's presence. I do notice how her eyes look at him hungrily. She still hasn't got the memo. Clearly, I clear my throat.

"Right, enjoy your lunch." Nikki composes herself. I give a sharp nod and Aiden and I continue on.

"You know you don't have to get jealous Ali, I'm all yours babe." Aiden says with a smirk resting on his lips. I glance at him with my brow cocked upwards. The sun shine brightly and the rays pour into my tanned skin. That's pretty much everyday in Cali for you.

I notice Aiden used "Ali" when addressing me. I let it slide, "First, I'm not jealous. Second you're not mine and don't call me babe." I roll my eyes at him. Aiden chuckles and we continue walking down the busy sidewalk.

"As you wish babe." He settles with a smug look. As we near my favorite Cafe, he pulls the door open for me.

"Thank you." I use my manners. He nods and we walk inside. My ears are instantly filled with chatter. We order our food and find a small booth near the door. Aiden and I sit across from each other. After sitting in silence for a few minutes he clears his throat and speaks.

"So twenty questions?" He asks me. My brow quirks up and I look at him slightly confused.

"I'm sorry?" I ask him letting him know that I am lost. He shakes his head slightly.

"The game." He says clear now. I make an 'O' shape with my mouth and nod my head. Duh Alison. Thinking about it more, some memories from our first date flash through my mind. the on that Aiden forced me to go on.

"I used to know this but we have both changed a lot so, what is your favorite color?" That is such a typical thing to ask. Why can't he ask me what is my favorite Novel or something. Everyone always goes for the simple ones.

"I like most all of the colors. I don't really favor some shades of yellow, like mustard yellow I find it a ugly dull color." I start off naming the one color I find repulsive, "Even though some say black isn't a color I say it is, I like it. I like all shades of blue and most shades of purple. Lilac and Mint are my favorite though. I like reds and some pinks are alright; orange is a good color too. Green is lovely I think as well as Gold." I could go on and on but I decide to spare him of my rambling.  Aiden looks intrigued surprisingly.

"What do you do when you aren't at work?" I ask wondering how he fills his free time. I watch him as he shrugs his shoulders.

"Whatever comes to mind." Is all he says. Alright.

"What is your favorite movie?" He asks a question I answered ten years ago.

"I'm not sure; I don't think I can pick a favorite. I like a lot of movies but I prefer to read." I cut myself off before I start rambling again. We ask more questions, learning a lot more about each other. I realize now that we both are like completely different people.

~~~

"Miss Kane will you let me walk you to your car." Aiden's deep voice makes me jump. I look up from my desk. We had closed about an hour ago and I thought I was the only one left.