Chapter Nineteen~

They say that your first love never dies. You can put out the flames, but not the fire. They say you never forget your first love, now I realize why, because you never stop loving them.
No matter the pain they cause, you try to forget that and you grasp the memories, the late night phone calls, the laughs, and the idea that you were happy. But deep down you know that leaving was the best choice for both of you. Leaving was the only way for you to actually be happy.. That's why I left Ten years ago.

"Alison?"

"Alison are you there?" I return to reality. I take a deep breathe and hold my phone to my ear.

"Yeah sorry, you were saying?" I ask Hailey. I've been distant these past few days. Since Aiden and I kissed the other night after work, somethings happened.

"My wedding. I was telling you the date." She speaks through the phone.

"Right." I nod. My thoughts wonder to Aiden.

"Haley, can I ask you a question?" I play with the hem of my sweater.

"Of course."

"Would I be crazy if I got back together with someone who caused me a great deal of pain?" She stays silent. I already know her answer too, but I just had to ask someone. I hate myself for even considering getting back with Aiden.

"Alison, what are you getting at?" By Haley's voice; I know she knows whom I'm referring to.

"You know how I feel about him." I hate the way she says "Him" it's filled with hatred. Ever since I left the hospital in senior year she has had the same feelings for Aiden. She hates him. She blames him for what happened. Uncle David does to, he doesn't loath him as much as Haley, but he would rather be in a room with ten starving lions than in one with Aiden Parker. Lily learned to put it in the past, but they hold onto it refusing to let it go.

"I know but he's changed. Honestly he's like a complete different person." I defend him. He has changed. He really has and I may be a fool for falling for him but I can't help it. He made me who I am today.

If "The bet" never would have taken place. I might be dead today. I would probably have ended my life if I hadn't met Aiden. He showed me that I was loved because I was to blind to see it myself. When I woke up in the hospital surrounded by all the people that cared for me, I realized just how much people cared about me. Yes, what Aiden did was cruel and awful but without that happening I never would have seen that people cared. I never would have went to rehab, and I wouldn't have gotten better. I found myself because of him. He broke me but saved me in a messed up kind of way.

"It's your life Alison, just don't throw it away for someone like him." Haley says strongly. I wouldn't do that.

"I've got to go. Take care I'll talk to you soon, love you." Haley sighs.

"Love you." With that I hang up. Even if I wanted to have a life with Aiden in it; my Family wouldn't like it. If Aiden and I were to get married would Haley and David show up? I shake the thought away. I'm it marrying Aiden so I shouldn't even be thinking of that anyways.

I sit my phone down on my coffee table and stand up. I need air.

"Lets go guys!" I call for my dogs as I stand by my front door. I wait for them to join me before I push open my door and go for a run. A sense of peace and relief washes through me as my hair blows in the wind, and the fresh air hits my face. The feeling I get when I run is like heaven on earth. I feel relaxed. I feel at home.

"Don't you just love running?" I ask my dogs. I let out a deep breath. I continue to run for half an hour before returning home.

As I approach my house the sun is setting and it's almost completely dark outside. I stop as I see someone stumbling around on my porch; trying to look through my windows. What the hell? My dogs begin to growl.

"It's alright." I try to calm them. I step closer to my house.

"Can I help you?" I speak. My voice is loud and clear. The person spins around. It's dark so I can't see their face. Though I can tell it is a man. I'm a bit frightened but who wouldn't be?

"Alison." Why can't he take a damn hint. His voice sounds off though, something's up. Why is he here again. I don't want him. I want him far far away from me. I want him out of my life. For good.

"Get the hell out of here." I walk over to him now.  I'm done with him and his bullshit. I've put up with it for a while now.

"Now Wesley!" I snap. He scoffs and shakes his head. I glare at him.

"Well?" I snap.

"Leave!" I yell.

"I want to talk." He slurs. Great he is drunk. Wesley isn't the best person to be around when he is drunk. Not at all.

"You need to leave." I try to walk past him but he grabs my wrist. I flinch and turn back to him. Now my dogs start barking, growling and Wesley. They will hurt him if he touches me.

"I want to talk." His voice is stern. I lick my lips and try to pull my hand away. He holds on tighter. I look into his eyes, I don't let my fear peak through. I keep my eyes hard.

"Okay you're hurting me. Let go Wesley." I warn him. His grip only continues to tighten. No doubt that there will be a bruise there tomorrow.

"Okay seriously that hurts." I grab his arm with my free hand and try to remove his hand. I've seriously had enough now. I'm going to call the cops if he doesn't leave.

"I want to talk." He repeats. His voice is low, dangerous and daring.

"Leave or I'll call the cops." I let go of him and and grab my phone. Before I can even turn it on he jerks it away and smashes it on the sidewalk. That I was a damn expensive phone.

"You fucking prick!" I curse at him. I look at my now broken phone. You've got to be fucking kidding me. His hand settled on my waist, squeezing the crap out of me. My hand moves on it's on as it slaps him. He's surprised for a moment before he reacts my hitting me back. My head whips to the side and I yelp, he just hit me. I taste the blood on my lip. I turn and look at him with tears in my eyes.

I've never seen this side of him. Sure he's yelled and cursed at me, but never once laid a hand on me. This isn't the Wesley that I use to love. This isn't the Wesley that use to love me. I don't know what's happened to him or what is wrong with him, but he is not Wesley.

Now he lets go of me as he stares at his hand with regret. He looks at me and opens his mouth to speak but nothing comes out. I can tell he feels bad.

"Leave." I grit out. This time he obeys. He's gone before I can even blink. I watch him sprint down the street. Once he is gone I rush inside and let the tears flow. My sobs come out heavy as I rush to my house phone. I pick it up with my shaky hands and dial Aiden's number.

"Hello?" Aiden's voice makes my heartbeat pick up.

"Please come over. I need you." I cry into the phone. I just want him to hold me. I need to feel safe. He can make me feel that way.

"Are you okay? I'm on my way." That's all I needed to hear.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I couldn't sleep so here I am at 5:32am posting a chapter that I just came up with. I'm sorry if it isn't the best I just was tired of laying in the bed overthinking about life's problems and I wanted  to take my mind of things so I opened wattpad and started typing.

I just wanted to be thank you all again for all the support and love. You all are truly the best and you all deserve the best. You all keep me going and keep be writing to thank you.
Love you all!