Chapter 21- Everyone Has A Breaking Point

Chapter 21 - Everyone Has A Breaking Point

Asher's POV

I believe that the stupidest rule in the world, - OK I'm exaggerating, the stupidest rule at Jefferson High- is that you must attend school in order to go to practice, or play that night's game. Ridiculous really. Because here I am in school, sick, so sick that it should be mandatory to skip school. It's one of those damn awful colds where you feel like complete shit. Your nose is stuffed up and you're sneezing every goddam five minutes. You're coughing so hard that you might cough up a lung. You're eyes randomly start to water, and all you want to do is stuff your face in a pillow, throw the covers over your head, and sleep as if you were dead.

Thank God for drugs.

Seriously though, after the fight my mom and I had about me ditching school- school was already in session for an hour and a half- she threw me some might drugs and told me to chug them down and I was to go to school or else my grounding sentence would be extended.

Yeah, I was grounded for the whole drinking thing at the Taylor thanksgiving. My mom is damn strict on that kind of stuff. I'm telling you there must be a secret room in this house because I can't find my laptop or Xbox anywhere! I'm not allowed to watch TV and I have a list of chores to do every weekend. I feel like a freaking house wife! She told me I'm lucky I even get to keep my phone and car keys.

Nevertheless, I still went to school because I really didn't want to tick my mom off any further, but damn those drugs work! I especially wanted to play this game because it was our last game until the championships. I needed to have my head in the game! I couldn't half ass this.

Good news: We were 13-3. We were doing pretty amazing.

Bad News: We were playing Newman High. The toughest team in the league.

School seemed to go by slower because I was so eager to play tonight's game. It wasn't until last period, physics, when I felt the urge to skip class, but I knew I couldn't because of the test we had to take. When Ty and I walked in we sat at our usual lab tables. Ty sat behind me because Kimmy always sat next to me in this class. This is what I was dreading all day too. Having Kimmy up my ass about our argument.

So I tried to keep a conversation with Ty, in hopes that it'd last until the test and I wouldn't need to talk to Kimmy. Sadly mistaken because when Ty got fixated with something on his phone it left Kimmy with the opportunity to turn around and talk.

"What's up?" She asks, resting her head in her hand and looking up to me.

"Wow, you're talking to me." I drone, looking over to Mrs. Clemens to see if she was ready to pass out the test.

I see Kimmy rolling her eyes and taking a deep breath, "Like I said before Asher I didn't say all those things to stop being friends with you. Yes I'm going to talk to you but if you're going to be rude every time then I'm not even sure it worth to make the effort."

I fiddled with my pen for a minute until Mrs. Clemens started to pass around the test. We sat in that class for forty five minutes taking the damn test that we just learned about yesterday. When everyone was done and we passed it in the bell rang signaling school was over. I found Spencer waiting outside of the class room for Kimmy, since Tyler and I were the last to leave somehow. He grabbed her hand and asked her how she felt about the test and to my surprise she actually told him she felt good about it.

Now that's either a lie to cover up the fact that Kimmy is struggling in physics or somehow she actually knew what she was doing. Either way I still think she was lying to the bastard.