Chapter 1: Gotta Pass Em All, Gotta Pass Em All!

A/N: Hey everyone! Just a heads up, ignore any OOC-ness from Naruto. This is my fanfic after all. Anything is possible in my world. Vote, comment, and follow.

Naruto frowned as he watched Sakura and Ino fight over who sits next to Sasuke. The Last of the Uchiha was brooding as usual, clearly annoyed by his two fangirls. Naruto decided to end his misery and slipped into the seat next to him. Sakura and Ino saw this, and started yelling at Naruto. "How dare you, dead last!" Sakura shrieked all banshee-like. Naruto mentally sighed and put on her idiot mask. "BUT SAKURA-CHAN! What's so good about the teme anyway?"

Sakura looked about ready to pummel Naruto. Fortunately, at that moment, Iruka entered the class. Ino opted to sit next to Shikamaru instead, while Sakura grumpily sat next to Naruto. "Alright, time for the exams. Written portion begins in fifteen minutes. I suggest you all study up real quick."

Naruto groaned. She hated written tests. Writing was such a hassle. Should we pass this year, Kyuu-chan?

Maybe, replied the voice in her head, or body rather. It might be a good year. But what about the Bushin, kit? You still can't do those to save your life!

Naruto mentally whined at the fox she hosted. Kyuu~ It's not my fault I have too much chakra. I blame you. Can't we just use the Kage Bushin?

You could...and risk revealing your true abilities. Kurama chuckled in amusement.

KYUU!!!

Naruto pouted as she started the written portion. She knew all the right answer, but only filled in 65% of the paper, so that she would get just enough to pass and not get suspicious looks. Iruka beamed as he announced that Naruto passed. She put on her mask and cheered loudly while running around the room. The next portion was the aim. The entire class was led outside and given five kunai and five shuriken. This one, Naruto could get 100% without revealing herself. She got a bullseye on all ten. 

The ninjutsu portion however. Oh, how Naruto hated it. The henge justu and the kawarimi justsu she mastered just fine. It was the bushin that irked her. Bushins required very little chakra to form, but with Naruto's extremely high jiinchuriki level amount of chakra, she couldn't make a bushin without her chakra eventually exceeding the bushin's chakra limit and turning it into an overheated mush. 

"Naruto, please perform the henge of me," instructed Iruka. Naruto did a perfect henge of Iruka. "The kawarimi," said Mizuki-sensei. Naruto did a kawarimi flawlessly. "Alright Naruto," Iruka grinned. "This is the last one. Just perform a bushin and you pass."

Crap! Kyuu, you think I can disguise a shadow clone as a normal clone?

You can try, kit.

"Here goes nothing," Naruto breathed. In a whisper, she muttered "kage" before loudly saying, "-bushin no jutsu!"

The shadow clone poofed into existence, and Naruto sighed in relief as it looked like the two teachers didn't notice it was a shadow clone. Iruka looked like he would puke and fart rainbows anytime soon. "Congratulations Naruto! You pass!"

This time it wasn't a facade. Naruto squealed and rushed to glomp Iruka and screaming, "I'm a ninja! I'm a ninja!"

She grabbed a hitaite with a black sash and wore it around her neck like a medal of victory. "THANK YOU IRUKA-SENSEI!"

Iruka smiled as he ushered Naruto out so the next student could take his test. The Majority of the class was in disbelief that Naruto finally passed. Secretly, a Hyuga girl and her Aburame friend smiled discreetly in congratulation to their friend. Naruto ignored the glares of hatred from the civilians she rushed past, dodging a Chuunin and barging into the Hokage's office. She cheered and threw herself onto the lap of the Hokage, showing him her hitaite. "Jiji! I passed! I passed! I'M A NINJA!!!"

Hiruzen chuckled at Naruto's enthusiasm. "Yes you are, Naruto. Now, why don't you go announce it to the others too."

Naruto gave a toothy grin and ran out of the Hokage building, heading towards Ichiraku to tell Teuchi and Ayame. They were so excited for her! She proceeded to tell her childhood babysitters, ANBU members Stag and Otter. They were two of the few people who didn't look at her like she was Kyuubi. 

Finally, to end the day, she stood on the Hokage Monument, right on top of the Fourth's head, grinning. She cupped her hands to her lips, and screamed at the top of the lungs. 

"I'M A NINJA!!!!"

A/N: Sorry for the short first chapter. I promise the next chapters will be a whole lot longer!