One Week One Shots: #1

Plot: Uzumaki Kaori is the older cousin of Uzumaki Naruto, whose mother was a survivor of the Uzushiogakure massacre

Plot: Uzumaki Kaori is the older cousin of Uzumaki Naruto, whose mother was a survivor of the Uzushiogakure massacre. She is best friends with Uchiha Itachi, and joined his mission in spying on the Akatsuki for Konoha. Years in the Akatsuki. If it hadn't been for Itachi, she would have lost her original goal for joining. But could you blame her? The two artists of the Akatsuki won't stop distracting her.

Prologue:

"Ita-kun?"

Itachi turned around to see Kaori standing there, eyes wide and gaping with horror. She had just accidentally witnessed his exchange with Danzo. "Ita-kun, are you...are you seriously going to do it?"

The Uchiha did not grace her with a reply, but began to walk away instead. "No! Ita-kun, wait, please!" The Uzumaki gasped, grabbing him by the arm, big greenish-grey eyes wide with worry and fear. Fear for him. "Ita-kun, you're talking about killing your family! Fugaku-san, Mikoto-san, and everyone in your clan!"

"There is no other way. I will not let them destroy my beloved village."

"What about Sa-chan?!" Kaori demanded. "What will he do when he finds you've massacred the clan?"

Itachi tried to pull his arm away from her, but like all Uzumakis, she was stubborn and had a tight grip. "Then I will make him hate me," Itachi whispered. "That will be my punishment for massacring my clan. Sasuke will be my punisher and will, in order to defeat me, become stronger."

"So you'll condemn him to a life of knowing his big brother killed his family just to have him have your blood on his hands?!" Kaori cried. "I can't let you do this, Ita-kun! Please! We'll find another way!"

"Let go of my arm, Kaori."

"NO!"

"Kaori, don't make me use genjutsu."

"Ita-kun, please! We can try to convince your parents. They're reasonable people!"

"Kaori, I'm warning you for the last time..."

Kaori's eyes were filled with tears as she burst out. "Then take me with you!"

Itachi stared at her with wide, onyx eyes. He was about to activate his sharingan and erase her memory of the encounter. He did not expect her to say that. "Kaori, no. I...I can't do that to you."

Kaori shook her head, her bright red hair flicking like wildfire. "Danzo wants the Uchiha's massacred. The council wants a spy for them in the organisation Akatsuki. I can't let you go alone."

"Kaori, they are a group of S-ranked criminals."

"Ita-kun, you and I became ANBU at 13," Kaori retorted. "Please. Don't...don't risk yourself more than you already are," she pleaded, her gloved hands releasing his arms and taking hold of his hand instead. "I know...I know the side effects of the Sharingan. Shi-kun...he told me."

Itachi froze at the mention of his other best friend, who had given him his remaining Sharingan and committed suicide. "Ita-kun. If you join the Akatsuki, you'll overuse your Sharingan. You could die!" Kaori choked. "Please...please. I know medic ninjutsu, I'm an Uzumaki, and my chakra will delay your illness. Please, let me come with you."

"You'll be considered a traitor and rogue ninja of the village," Itachi said harshly, but Kaori's face was hardened with resolve.

"Ita-kun. Please."

Itachi's dark eyes searched her ash-green. She was pleading so desperately. His childhood friend, the girl who was like his sister, his confidant, his partner. 

"Are you sure?"

Kaori bit her bottom lip, thinking about the shock that would strike her late aunt Kushina, who loved her like her own daughter. Her late uncle by marriage, Minato, who mentored her briefly, but was always praising her progress, becoming her father figure. The Hokage, who graciously allowed her to stay in the village when her mother was killed by missing nins just outside the village. Kakashi, who was like the eldest of her many brother figures, who would threaten to beat up those who made her cry. How they would all be heartbroken to hear that she had turned on the village, the village who did so much for her. 

But Itachi needed her most now.

And right now, he mattered more than any of that.

So she gave the only answer that she could have ever given.

"Yes."

A/N: HEY GUYS! So, this is the first of my One Week One Shots Event. For the entire week, there will be no chapters which relate to the main story, just a bunch of one-shots you guys should vote on so I can choose one for my next story. The voting will last until the end of December. Thanks for your support, and I'm seriously sorry if you guys are upset about this. One the bright side, there's going to be yaoi and lemons for some of my one-shots. Ta-da! Enjoy the week, everyone!