Chapter 2: What Happened to Naruto?!

Naruto was positively beaming as she got up in the morning, devouring her instant ramen and getting ready. 

She hugged her orange jumpsuit. "Thank you old friend. For helping me keep up my facade. I'll always remember you."

Kit, hurry up or you'll be late, demanded the fox. 

Okay! Fine, Kyuu! Jeez!

The blonde kunoichi folded her orange jumpsuit, sliding it into the cupboard, and reaching out to her new outfit. Once she was dressed and her hair was done, she grinned. "Ready Kyuu?"

Most definitely, kit.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The class was loud as usual, awaiting for Iruka to arrive and announce their teams. 

I hope I'm in Naruto's group, thought Hinata, smiling.

Sasuke Uchiha brooded near the window, glaring at all the pathetic idiots who were below him. 

Suddenly the door opened, and everyone gaped at the person. 

Sun-kissed blonde hair was in a disarray, sky blue eyes sharp and smug, three whisker lines on each cheek. The person was wearing a classic ANBU shirt and pants, his hitaite around his neck. He also had a black jacket, with a single orange stripe. The entire room was silent.

The boy grinned. "Good morning, dattebayo!"

Shikamaru blinked. "Wait. 'Dattebayo', as in..."

"Naruto?!" Kiba gaped. "What the hell?!"

Naruto smirked smugly and sat on the seat next to the lone Uchiha. Sasuke was giving Naruto a quizzical look. The blonde shrugged. "I saw Sakura and Ino running their way here. You wanna sit with one of them, teme?"

"Hn." Sasuke nearly shuddered at the thought of sitting next to: a) a pink banshee stalker, or b) a blonde banshee airhead. He mentally thanked Naruto for sitting next to him.

As if on cue, Haruno Sakura and Yamanaka Ino slammed the door open and stepped into the class. "I'M FIRST!"

"Ha! I win again, Sakura!" shouted Ino.

"Nuh-uh!" Sakura protested, loudly at that. "Give it up. I had to look back to see you. My toe was at least a tenth of an inch ahead. Have you always been this delusional?"

Naruto scoffed lightly as he watched the two fangirl kunoichi bicker. Sakura then turned and rushed over to the table Sasuke and Naruto were seated at. Naruto gave a light cringe. "Good morning Sasuke," she gushed. "Mind if I sit next to you?"

"Occupied!" Naruto said, raising her hand. "I exist, dattebayo."

Good job dobe, Sasuke mentally thought. 

Sakura and Ino both grew tick marks. "Naruto, move!" Sakura screeched. "I want to sit next to Sasuke."

Inner Sakura burned with rage. CHA! What is that idiot doing? MOVE!

Naruto swallowed. Sakura was terrifying. No, scratch that. All fangirls were terrifying. Kyuu, I'm scared!

Sorry, kit. Can't help you. But this is what Kushina felt when Minato saved her, so you'll be fine.

EEEHHH??!!!

"S-Sorry, Sakura-chan," Naruto laughed sheepishly. "S-Sasuke and I...uh...we....um..."

KYUU!!! HELP!

Tell them the truth, kit. Easiest thing.

URGH! I hate you sometimes. "Sasuke and I are not moving."