Chapter 7: Lalala--HOLY MOTHER, IT'S MOO-MOO-CHI

Upon reaching the pier, Naruto thanked the ferryman and summoned a bento for him. She knew that the residents of the Land of Waves were poor. She knew what it was like to starve. She ran away before the ferryman could give it back. They proceeded through the road. Naruto stopped suddenly. What was that? "Hey, guys, can we stop for a minute?"

Sakura raised a brow. "What is it now, Naruto?"

Naruto shrugged and closed her eyes, focusing her chakra. Not there, not there...aha!She pointed to a tree diagonally set from her. "Kaka-sensei, there's someone there."

Immediately, a large sword aimed at them spun dangerously, flying through the air. Everyone dodged it, yelping. 

BRUK! The sword hit another tree, and a figure stood on the handle of the deadly weapon. Naruto's eyes widened like plates. The man had cropped dark hair and cold, sharp eyes. He was shirtless (and Naruto didn't mind because he had a rather nicely toned abs) and wore striped pants, cow patterned wrist and leg warmers. His lower face was bandaged, his slashed Kirigakure hitaite on his forehead. 

Everyone was staring at the man in fear and shock, but then they heard Naruto's words. "Damn, he is hot."

Kakashi, Tazuna, Sasuke and Sakura all face faulted. Sakura was the first to scream. "Naruto! What the hell!"

Naruto huffed, arms crossed on her chest. "Hey, I can appreciate a handsome guy too, ttebayo!"

Sasuke coughed. "Dobe, you're gay?"

"Teme, that's my business. Don't worry, you're not my type." 

Sakura shook her head. Hinata would be so disappointed. Naruto looked at the stranger again. Although she actually knew who he was. "It's an honour...to meet the infamous Moomoochi Zabuza."

Zebus preened. "That's right, I'm Moo--wait...WHAT DO YOU MEAN MOOMOOCHI?! IT'S MOMOCHI, BRAT!"

Naruto eyed his wrist and leg warmers. "Sure about that? Those warmers aren't convincing me!"

Zabuza's eyes twitched furiously. "The blonde brat aside, you've got an interesting guard group, old man. A pink girl, a moody Uchiha brat, and Kakashi of the Sharingan."

Naruto snorted. "Hey, he got the moody part right, teme."

"Dobe, let's try to be serious here."

"Sasuke. Seriously. How long have you known me?"

Sasuke rolled his eyes for the tenth time that day. A new record! "Dobe. You know this guy?"

Naruto gasped dramatically. "Teme, are you kidding me? He's like, famous! His bounty in the Bingo Book is huge! Back in his days, the Kirigakure graduation exams was a last man standing, and he killed all of his classmates. They changed the exams after that, but that's besides the point. He was a member of the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist. He's like, my kenjutsu idol! Can I have your autograph?"

Zabuza chuckled darkly. "How informative you are, but unfortunately, you won't live to show it to anyone. Enough talking. I'm here to kill the old man."

Naruto frowned. "Is it cause Gato paid you to do it? Cause I'm pretty sure he's a cheap prick."

"He is, brat."

"Then how can you be so sure he'll pay you and not assassinate you when you're weak from fighting us?"

"What do you know, brat?"

Naruto shrugged. "Hey, my villagers try to kill me every year on my birthday, I think I know plenty. You could just join us, then we can kill the guy, and you can just take your money. See if I care."