One Week One Shots: #3

Plot: He was his hero, the one who wanted him when no one else did

Plot: He was his hero, the one who wanted him when no one else did. So he vowed to be his tool, and he would gladly die to keep him alive. Little did he know, he was willing to risk his life to protect him too.

Prologue:

"You have the same eyes as me."

Those were the first words that brought his attention. The bandaged, large man eyed the small, filth covered child on the road, who held such a beautiful smile on his lips, despite the obvious loneliness and signs of trauma in his eyes. 

The child's hollow eyes traced his silhouette. "Are you a ninja, mister?"

The swordsman remained silent as he crouched down to meet the child's eyes. "What of it?"

The child, in turn, did not say a word, but instead gave the same sad smile. 

It was that same smile which Momochi Zabuza despised most of all. The kind that shrouded the fragile soul in this child, the kind that hid the things he'd seen. 

And the swordsman wanted to unveil all those things, to reveal everything and exploit it.

So he said, "Come with me, kid."

Little did he know, at one point, it wasn't even about that anymore.

A/N: I'm so sorry if you guys don't like this one, but I had a block with it. The actual book is going to be longer and more interesting, I promise. And sorry for the late update. I just feel a bit depressed lately, like the number of people interested in this story is decreasing real quick. Nevermind. The next chapter will be better, I promise.