Chapter 10: Meeting Kitty, Pigtails, and TANUKI!!!!!!

"HOME!!!" Naruto cried with glee as they entered the village gates. Izumo and Kotetsu laughed lightly at that, but then became aware of the two strangers, recognising one of them to be from the Bingo Book and readying themselves to make hand signs.

Zabuza chuckled darkly at that. "Oi, brat."

Naruto turned and saw the two gate guards' wariness. "Ah. Izumo, Kotetsu, you can let Zabuza-sama and Haku-pyon in."

The two gate guards eyed them warily, but a nod from Kakashi made them stand down and allow them in. Zabuza and Haku were led to the Hokage tower immediately. The Sandaime was more than happy to grant them sanctuary. "Good job on your mission," Hiruzen smiled in a grandfatherly manner. "You can collect your pay. I'll have Momochi-kun and Yuki-kun fill in their citizenship forms and you can see them later."

Naruto beamed and leapt into the Hokage's lap, giving him a cute look. "Did I really do good, Jiji? Really? Really?"

Hiruzen chuckled lightly, petting Naruto's blonde head of hair, nodding. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A few months later, both Zabuza and Haku had settled themselves. It took the civilians and nins a while to trust them, but gradually, they got used to the man with the giant sword and the boy who was always mistaken for a girl.

Team 7 just returned from a mission, and Naruto stretched her arms lazily. "Home again!" she chirped. "I can't wait to eat at Ichiraku!"

Kakashi looked up at the sky, spotting a certain avian. That could only mean... "Alright. Good work, team. I'll hand in the mission report. You guys go have some rest. Especially you, Naruto. The amount of chakra you used this time was no joke either."

"Hai, Kaka-sensei. Sasuke, wanna go visit Haku-pyon and Zabuza-sama?" Naruto asked, turning to the Uchiha. He opened his mouth to give a short reply, but Sakura cut in. "No thanks, Naruto. Sasuke and I are going on a date!"

The pinkette looked absolutely smug, thinking she had won when Naruto blinked, confused. Sasuke glared at her and growled. "No, we're not."

Sakura whipped her head around to her object of obsession. "Eh? But Sasuke-kun--"

"If you have time to date, then you have time to train. And Kami knows you need it," he hissed with disdain, watching the girl's face fall. "You're weak. Weaker than Naruto and I. And to be frank, weaker than than a toothpick."

The pinkette looked crushed. "Teme, that was harsh," Naruto said without sympathy for the girl. "C'mon. Haku-pyon and Zabuza-sama await me!"

As they strolled down the street, a box painted with cobblestone patterns and two eyeholes followed them in a not-so-subtle manner.

The trio just paused. Naruto whizzed her head to the box and scruntinized it, before pointing a finger at it and shouting, "A square rock with eyeholes?! How obvious can you be?!"

The tiny spies crawled out of their box, and there stood three young Academy preschool students. One, Sarutobi Konohamaru, the Third Hokage's grandson and a troublemaker. His only ambition is to be Hokage and prove that he can do more than just ride his grandfather's coattails. Two, Moegi, a girl with orange hair in gravity defying pigtail hairstyle. She seems to be the logical one in the team. Third, Udon, the smart math kid who always had some snot dripping from his nose. He was actual brains.

"As expected of my rival!" Konohamaru exclaimed, arms crossed on his chest. 

Naruto huffed, as if insulted that Konohamaru thought she would fall for it, then noticed something on his head. "Huh? What's up with the goggles?"